Parliament Hill Farmers’ Market to open on Sundays
- Credit: Archant
Parliament Hill Farmers’ Market will open on Saturdays and Sundays as of this weekend.
Normally, the market which operates outside William Ellis School is open just on Saturdays.
But as of July 19, for the first time the market - which sells organic, seasonal produce - will be open on Sundays too, with opening hours of 10am-2pm.
As an outdoor food market, it has stayed open throughout lockdown, with concerns raised early on in the pandemic over social distancing.
Cheryl Cohen from London Farmers Markets said: “The demand for regional, high welfare, and seasonal foods has continued throughout the COVID crisis and we’re proud to have been able to support our farmers and producers and customers.
You may also want to watch:
“Many new customers have discovered their local farmers market and we hope that they continue to support it in the future.
“Now local people have two days to shop at the farmers market.”
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 3 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 4 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 5 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 6 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 7 James, Feeder and Maxïmo Park to play opening night of Kenwood
- 8 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 9 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat