Parkland Walk: Friends group plan series of events for London National Park City festival
- Credit: Archant
From Saturday, the Friends of the Parkland Walk have a bumper set of events planned as part of the city-wide London National Park City Festival.
On Saturday experts will take visitors through first the birds of the longest linear nature reserve in London (between 8 and 10am) before former Haringey conservation officer David Bevan explains the flora and fauna of the area at 2.
Sunday sees 'forest bathing' - meditation in the woodland at 10 and a guided tree walk from 2.
Talks about bugs and bats will take place at 6 and 8.30pm respectively.
Members of the Friends will be at the Holmesdale Road end of the reserve - where the events will take place - for the majority of the weekend too, and it's a perfect chance to begin the summer holidays by exploring the newly unveiled wildlife trail there.
You may also want to watch:
Cathy Meeus, who chairs the FoPW, told this newspaper: "It's a fantastic opportunity to explore. We're one of a kind and a really wonderful green space and we've got so much planned."
A number of green spaces in north London feature during the National Park City Festival.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
Other events include: A class about wildlife habitat management in Waterlow Park on Tuesday (between 10.45 and 2) and an eight mile (and three and a half hour) walk through some of central London's parks starting at Swiss Cottage on Sunday morning at 10.
For more info see nationalparkcity.london.gov.uk