Parkland Walk: Friends group plan series of events for London National Park City festival
- Credit: Archant
From Saturday, the Friends of the Parkland Walk have a bumper set of events planned as part of the city-wide London National Park City Festival.
On Saturday experts will take visitors through first the birds of the longest linear nature reserve in London (between 8 and 10am) before former Haringey conservation officer David Bevan explains the flora and fauna of the area at 2.
Sunday sees 'forest bathing' - meditation in the woodland at 10 and a guided tree walk from 2.
Talks about bugs and bats will take place at 6 and 8.30pm respectively.
Members of the Friends will be at the Holmesdale Road end of the reserve - where the events will take place - for the majority of the weekend too, and it's a perfect chance to begin the summer holidays by exploring the newly unveiled wildlife trail there.
You may also want to watch:
Cathy Meeus, who chairs the FoPW, told this newspaper: "It's a fantastic opportunity to explore. We're one of a kind and a really wonderful green space and we've got so much planned."
A number of green spaces in north London feature during the National Park City Festival.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
Other events include: A class about wildlife habitat management in Waterlow Park on Tuesday (between 10.45 and 2) and an eight mile (and three and a half hour) walk through some of central London's parks starting at Swiss Cottage on Sunday morning at 10.
For more info see nationalparkcity.london.gov.uk