Park Road Lido: Crouch End landmark swimming venue gears up to celebrate 90th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Crouch End’s Park Road Lido is celebrating its 90th birthday this year, and with the weather beginning to improve a calendar of celebratory events are kicking off.
Next Wednesday sees the lido’s second “moonlight swim” of the year – timed to match the spring equinox on March 20, before plans for the big birthday on June 1 get into gear.
Katy Ferguson from the Park Road Lido User Group (PRLUG) told this newspaper: “The moonlight swims really feel like you’re on holiday!
“Nothing like being in inner London at all.”
Katy added that when built in 1929, the justification was that it would have public health benefits.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Personally I think the lido is as key to the population’s health and recreation now as it was then.”
The March moonlight swim takes place in three sessions on the evening of March 20. Head along from 6 to 7. 7 to 8, or 8 to 9. It costs £6, which includes soup and bread.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
More anniversary events will be announced soon.