Parisian cabaret comes to Hampstead Garden Suburb
- Credit: Archant
Cabaret performers brought a taste of Paris to the heart of Hampstead Garden Suburb.
The first of a series of evening cabarets kicked off at Fellowship House, in Willifield Way, the Suburb, last night.
Singer Francoise Pierre-Geller, narrator Gordon Griffin and pianist Gloria Moss performed a programme of songs by late French singer Edith Piaf, entitled Mademoiselle de Paris.
Tickets for the special evening included a three-course meal and a glass of French wine. There was also an open mic session following the cabaret performance
Ms Moss, co-founder of Cabaret Events, responsible for organising the event, said: “It was like a cabaret in France. It was an event which brought the community together. I think that’s quite rare in the time we live in.
“Music is a great glue, it can bring people together - a bit of wine helps as well!”
For more information about Cabaret Events and bookings, e-mail email@example.com
- 1 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 2 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 3 'Unacceptable': Highgate fears over TfL bus changes
- 4 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 5 Haringey first council to call for Edmonton incinerator pause
- 6 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 8 Man charged with north London double murder of father and daughter
- 9 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 10 Remembering Katie: Ex-Ham&High reporter killed by carbon monoxide