Pan-Fried Sea Bream Fillets served over a bed of Lobster, Local Asparagus & Spring Onion Risotto
Lobster1 2lb Lobster1 Fennel1 Leek1 Onion2 Bouquet Garni (mix of Dry Herbs)Risotto100g Butter2tbsp Olive Oil6 Shallots (diced)2 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)400g Risotto Rice2pts Vegetable Stock1 Buck Spring Onion6 Cooked Asparagus Spears2 Glasses of Dry White WineDillPinch of Saffron
To begin this dish the lobster is cooked first.Bring a large pan of water with white veg (fennel, leek & onion) to the boil.Place the lobster in the pan, bring back to the boil for approximately ten minutes, then remove & leave the lobster to chill.Whilst the lobster is cooking prepare & part cook the asparagus.Once chilled, pick all the lobster meat from the body & claws.
To cook the risotto, fry the shallots slowly in the olive oil & 30g butter, add the garlic & slowly cook out.Add the risotto rice & keep stirring until the rice begins to look translucent, then add the white wine.Once the wine has cooked into the rice, add saffron & the vegetable stock, one ladle at a time allowing it to be absorbed into the risotto. This will take approximately 12 minutes.When the risotto is almost cooked out, add the chopped spring onion, asparagus, dill & check the seasoning.Then leave on a very low heat while you pan fry the sea bream.
You may also want to watch:
In a very hot frying pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil & place the sea bream in skin side down.Cook for 3 minutes, then turn the fish, add a knob of butter & lower heat of cooking for another ¾ minutes.
Now add the lobster meat & parmesan to the risotto.Heat through & serve placing the sea bream on top.A good extra is either dill butter or lime hollandaise.
Recipe provided by:The Hood Arms, Kilve, Nr Bridgwater, Somerset, TA5 1EATel: 01278 741210Web: www.thehoodarms.com
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office