Our fearless reporter presents �1,500 to Winchester Project
DARING Ham&High reporter Susanna Wilkey raised nearly �800 for charity by completing a terrifying 12,000ft skydive and she was thrilled when the newspaper doubled the cash. Parent company Archant s charity matched funding scheme meant the Winchester Proje
DARING Ham&High reporter Susanna Wilkey raised nearly �800 for charity by completing a terrifying 12,000ft skydive and she was thrilled when the newspaper doubled the cash.
Parent company Archant's charity matched funding scheme meant the Winchester Project in Swiss Cottage received more than �1,500 for its work with disadvantaged youngsters in Camden. Ms Wilkey said: "It was really scary but I am thrilled I managed to raise so much - and it is even better now the amount has been doubled."
The skydive saw 20 jumpers raise �9,000 for the charity's �2.3million appeal to pay for a much-needed refurbishment. The charity has also just launched the winChangers agenda, a consultation to find out what people think about it, how it could be better and what they would like to see from it.
The survey seeks to renew the building, the brand, finances, governance and to embrace new ways of running the services. For more information or to donate to the charity visit www.thewinch.org.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 6 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale