Our fearless reporter presents �1,500 to Winchester Project
DARING Ham&High reporter Susanna Wilkey raised nearly �800 for charity by completing a terrifying 12,000ft skydive and she was thrilled when the newspaper doubled the cash. Parent company Archant s charity matched funding scheme meant the Winchester Proje
DARING Ham&High reporter Susanna Wilkey raised nearly �800 for charity by completing a terrifying 12,000ft skydive and she was thrilled when the newspaper doubled the cash.
Parent company Archant's charity matched funding scheme meant the Winchester Project in Swiss Cottage received more than �1,500 for its work with disadvantaged youngsters in Camden. Ms Wilkey said: "It was really scary but I am thrilled I managed to raise so much - and it is even better now the amount has been doubled."
The skydive saw 20 jumpers raise �9,000 for the charity's �2.3million appeal to pay for a much-needed refurbishment. The charity has also just launched the winChangers agenda, a consultation to find out what people think about it, how it could be better and what they would like to see from it.
The survey seeks to renew the building, the brand, finances, governance and to embrace new ways of running the services. For more information or to donate to the charity visit www.thewinch.org.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour