Our election victory is dedicated to a true Labour champion
Patricia McAllister s stunning victory in last week s Queen s Park ward by-election has changed the political landscape in Westminster. With an 11 per cent swing to Labour from the Conservatives, this is one of Labour s best results in London this year.
Patricia McAllister's stunning victory in last week's Queen's Park ward by-election has changed the political landscape in Westminster. With an 11 per cent swing to Labour from the Conservatives, this is one of Labour's best results in London this year.
Of real concern to the Conservatives, however, is the fact that this by-election saw the worst numerical vote for any Conservative candidate in Queen's Park ward since 1903. The Conservatives threw everything at this by-election and were rewarded with their lowest vote for over 100 years. This result says everything you need to know about what people think of Westminster Conservatives.
This is a fantastic result for Labour's Patricia McAllister and is all down to her hard work and that of Karen Buck MP and the Labour team. This is also a fitting tribute to the late Cllr Mushtaq Qureshi, to whom we dedicate this brilliant result.
This is a firm foundation on which to build Labour's General Election and council election campaign running up to next May.
You may also want to watch:
The result is a massive endorsement of Karen Buck's record as an outstanding MP and Labour councillors' commitment to representing local residents' views.
Cllr Mushtaq Qureshi's children, Murad and Papya, were at the declaration of the result. They were both delighted that their father's political legacy had brought such a decisive Labour victory.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 6 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
CLLR Paul Dimoldenberg
Leader of the Labour Group
Westminster City Council