Only Fools and Horses stars join mourners for Roger Lloyd Pack’s funeral
- Credit: Mirrorpix
Only Fools and Horses stars Sir David Jason, Nicholas Lyndhurst and John Challis joined mourners in paying their respects to Roger Lloyd Pack at his funeral in central London yesterday.
The acclaimed stage and screen actor, best known for playing dopey road sweeper Trigger in the TV sitcom Only Fools and Horses, died at his home in Kentish Town last month after a year-long battle with pancreatic cancer.
He was 69.
In keeping with the “great sense of humour” that neighbours, friends and family remember him for, his coffin arrived at St Paul’s in Covent Garden in a bubblegum pink hearse.
His daughter, Emily Lloyd, led the service which was attended by about 500 people.
A long line of acting stars also joined to pay their tributes, including Kathy Burke, Nigel Havers, Miranda Richardson Stephen Rea, and Alison Steadman.
Born into an acting family in Islington, Lloyd-Pack became an acclaimed performer on stage and appeared in dozens of films and TV shows, including a regular role as farmer Owen Newitt in The Vicar of Dibley.
- 1 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 5 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 9 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
Recent years had seen him act at the Shakespeare’s Globe in its production of Richard III and Twelfth Night.