Only Fools and Horses stars join mourners for Roger Lloyd Pack’s funeral
- Credit: Mirrorpix
Only Fools and Horses stars Sir David Jason, Nicholas Lyndhurst and John Challis joined mourners in paying their respects to Roger Lloyd Pack at his funeral in central London yesterday.
The acclaimed stage and screen actor, best known for playing dopey road sweeper Trigger in the TV sitcom Only Fools and Horses, died at his home in Kentish Town last month after a year-long battle with pancreatic cancer.
He was 69.
In keeping with the “great sense of humour” that neighbours, friends and family remember him for, his coffin arrived at St Paul’s in Covent Garden in a bubblegum pink hearse.
His daughter, Emily Lloyd, led the service which was attended by about 500 people.
You may also want to watch:
A long line of acting stars also joined to pay their tributes, including Kathy Burke, Nigel Havers, Miranda Richardson Stephen Rea, and Alison Steadman.
Born into an acting family in Islington, Lloyd-Pack became an acclaimed performer on stage and appeared in dozens of films and TV shows, including a regular role as farmer Owen Newitt in The Vicar of Dibley.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
Recent years had seen him act at the Shakespeare’s Globe in its production of Richard III and Twelfth Night.