Only a victory at Bolton can keep fading championship hopes alive
Arsenal travel to Bolton on Saturday for a game that could make or break their league season. Defeat will almost certainly end their title challenge but a much-needed win – their first domestically in six weeks – would give fresh hope with six games remai
Arsenal travel to Bolton on Saturday for a game that could make or break their league season. Defeat will almost certainly end their title challenge but a much-needed win - their first domestically in six weeks - would give fresh hope with six games remaining.
Bolton are scrapping for their Premier League lives and are riddled with problems, despite ending a five-match losing streak with a 0-0 home draw with Manchester City last weekend.
Spanish veteran Ivan Campo has publicly made clear his displeasure at boss Gary Megson's tactics while they have still to fill the large boots left by Nicolas Anelka, who moved to Chelsea.
The Trotters have seriously stuttered in recent weeks and take on Arsenal without their goalscroing skipper Kevin Nolan, who is serving a two-match suspension.
You may also want to watch:
Bolton last won at the Reebok on Valentine's night when they beat Atletico Madrid 1-0 in the Uefa Cup. They were later knocked out at Sporting Lisbon after Megson chose to field a virtual reserve side for the vital second leg in Portugal in order to rest players for domestic action.
Kevin Davies (pictured) hit the headlines recently when it was revealed he is the most consistent fouler in the league - but just two goals in 26 games this term is an equally unwelcome stat. El Hadji Diouf has just three to his name.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?