One woman dead, another critically injured in accident
A pedestrian was killed in a road accident in West Hampstead which also left another woman critically injured.
The collision took place at around 8.38pm yesterday in West End Lane, West Hampstead.
Officers were called to reports that a Mercedes car has been in collision with two female pedestrians.
Police officers, London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade attended the scene.
One of the women, aged in her 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene. Officers await formal identification and confirmation that next of kin have been informed.
A post mortem examination will take place in due course.
The second woman, aged in her 20s, was taken to hospital by LAS. Her condition is described as critical.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 7 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 8 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 10 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
The driver of the car was taken to hospital. His condition is not believed to be serious.
Officers from Road Death Investigation Unit at Northolt are investigating and appealing for witnesses. There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information call 0208 842 1817.