One woman dead, another critically injured in accident
A pedestrian was killed in a road accident in West Hampstead which also left another woman critically injured.
The collision took place at around 8.38pm yesterday in West End Lane, West Hampstead.
Officers were called to reports that a Mercedes car has been in collision with two female pedestrians.
Police officers, London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade attended the scene.
One of the women, aged in her 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene. Officers await formal identification and confirmation that next of kin have been informed.
A post mortem examination will take place in due course.
The second woman, aged in her 20s, was taken to hospital by LAS. Her condition is described as critical.
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 3 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 4 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 5 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 6 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 7 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 8 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
The driver of the car was taken to hospital. His condition is not believed to be serious.
Officers from Road Death Investigation Unit at Northolt are investigating and appealing for witnesses. There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information call 0208 842 1817.