One woman dead, another critically injured in accident
A pedestrian was killed in a road accident in West Hampstead which also left another woman critically injured.
The collision took place at around 8.38pm yesterday in West End Lane, West Hampstead.
Officers were called to reports that a Mercedes car has been in collision with two female pedestrians.
Police officers, London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade attended the scene.
One of the women, aged in her 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene. Officers await formal identification and confirmation that next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination will take place in due course.
The second woman, aged in her 20s, was taken to hospital by LAS. Her condition is described as critical.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 Letters: The floods!
- 10 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
The driver of the car was taken to hospital. His condition is not believed to be serious.
Officers from Road Death Investigation Unit at Northolt are investigating and appealing for witnesses. There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information call 0208 842 1817.