One woman dead, another critically injured in accident
A pedestrian was killed in a road accident in West Hampstead which also left another woman critically injured.
The collision took place at around 8.38pm yesterday in West End Lane, West Hampstead.
Officers were called to reports that a Mercedes car has been in collision with two female pedestrians.
Police officers, London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade attended the scene.
One of the women, aged in her 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene. Officers await formal identification and confirmation that next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination will take place in due course.
The second woman, aged in her 20s, was taken to hospital by LAS. Her condition is described as critical.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
The driver of the car was taken to hospital. His condition is not believed to be serious.
Officers from Road Death Investigation Unit at Northolt are investigating and appealing for witnesses. There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information call 0208 842 1817.