Olympic torch relay comes to Camden
The Olympic torch relay comes to Camden tomorrow (Thursday, July 26) - find out more about what’s planned.
The streets of Camden will come alive tomorrow (Thursday, July 26) as the Olympic torch relay comes to Camden.
The day will begin with a mass choir singing to welcome the torch to the Roundhouse in Chalk Farm at 6.45am.
The flame will then be carried by torch bearers through Camden High Street past the world famous Camden Markets and music venues the Electric Ballroom and Koko, before it is taken through St Pancras Gardens and along Regents Canal on a barge to a community event at Granary Square.
It will then be taken to the giant Olympic rings in the Eurostar terminal at St Pancras International.
You may also want to watch:
Camden Council will host celebrations along the route.
There will be a large number of road closures along the route of the relay on July 26.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 4 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
The Ham&High will be streaming live coverage through this website and Twitter via @HamandHigh
Please also send your pictures of the day to firstname.lastname@example.org
Camden Torch Relay: Timetable
* Camden’s Torch Relay launch – 6.45am
Launch event at the Roundhouse. A mass choir will join the Roundhouse choir to sing as the torch starts its journey through Camden.
* Community breakfast 7am–10 am
Meet the torchbearers and enjoy a community breakfast in St Pancras Gardens. The torch is set to arrive at this celebration at 7.10am. Stay for craft workshops, dance and music performances, and a tai chi demonstration
* Hear from Camden’s stars of the future 7am–9.45am
Discover some of Camden’s young emerging artists at a musical celebration in Granary Square. Enjoy performances by Camden Youth Choir, David Craise and band, and a water based performance spectacular from Akademi. The torch is expected to arrive at about 7.30am.
* See some of Camden’s best loved acts 7am–9:45am
A musical extravaganza will round off the morning’s celebrations at St Pancras International. See performers including The Damon Brown Jazz Band, The Exhibitionists and Dance United, plus a presentation from Greenwood Dance Troupe. There will also be an extra special performance from a surprise guest band. The torch will arrive at about 7.35am.
All events are accessible. There will also be a dedicated accessible Torch Relay viewing area on the island opposite Morning Crescent Underground station at the junction of Camden High Street with Crowndale Road.
* To see the full torch relay route visit www.london2012.com/torch-relay/route/
* Camden will be busy on torch relay day and there will be delays to some local buses either on or near the torch route.
* Chalk Farm, Camden Town, and Mornington Crescent Underground stations may also experience overcrowding.
* Visit the Olympic Transport for London site, www.getaheadofthegames.com, to work out your journey.