Oldfields Restaurants - Wild Boar Pie, Wild Boar. RECIPE
1 pound of diced wild boar legHalf a small onion, diced1 stick of celery, diced1 small carrot, dicedHalf a litre of chicken stockSprig of thymeHalf a clove of chopped garlic25g of redcurrant jelly75g of shortcrust pastry
1. In a hot saucepan brown off the wild boar, add the vegetables, herbs and the redcurrant jelly and cover with the beef stock. Simmer gently until the boar is tender. Stir to break up the meat and reduce the liquid down until it thickens. Allow to cool and place into ramekins.
You may also want to watch:
2. Roll the pastry slightly larger than the dish. Place on top of the ramekin, brush with egg and bake at 180C for 15 minutes until the pastry is golden.
3. Place the pie just off-centre on a plate. Add some onion jam and dressed leaves to serve.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 7 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 10 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley