Officers probe missing 14-year-old Alice Gross’s time at Camden’s Roundhouse
- Credit: Archant
Officers searching for a missing 14-year-old girl are seeking to speak to anyone who took part in a song-writing course with her at one of Camden’s top music venues.
Alice Gross was last seen five days ago, on Thursday, when she left her home in Hanwell in west London.
Detectives investigating the disappearance today said they are looking into her time on a music workshop at the Roundhouse in Chalk Farm Road, Chalk Farm.
Sgt Chris Naughton, from the Ealing Missing Persons Unit, said: “Five days on we are becoming increasingly worried about Alice.
“We know that Alice was on a song-writing workshop at the Camden Roundhouse between August 18-22 and there is a possibility she may have made some new friends.
“This is one line of enquiry that we are exploring and I am keen to speak to anyone who was with Alice during that week-long course.
“Any information that you do provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence.”
- 1 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 2 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 3 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 4 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 5 'Lianne La Havas gets big love from Koko crowd'
- 6 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 7 Single evokes lockdown 'fairytale' camp on Hampstead Heath
- 8 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 9 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 10 Tributes paid to Belsize 'man of many talents' who co-founded Abacus school
Police revealed the Roundhouse link as Alice’s parents made an emotional plea for her return.
Speaking from the family home today, Jose Gross and Rosalind Hodgkiss said: “I want to directly appeal to Alice and say that ‘Alice, we just want you home’.
“We miss you and we love you and we just want you back with us.
“You are not in any trouble, please pick up the phone and let us know that you are okay. We want to support you so please get in contact.”
Alice was last seen at 1pm on Thursday, August 28, when she left her home address in Hanwell. She told her family she would be home that evening, but she did not return.
Alice is white, 5ft 2ins tall and of slim build with shoulder-length, light brown hair.
When last seen, she was wearing dark blue jeans, a dark green lacy cardigan and denim blue ‘Vans’ shoes. She may have tartan-framed glasses with her.
Police are especially concerned as Alice has not been in good health recently.
Anyone who has information that may assist the investigation should call officers from Ealing Missing Persons Unit on 020 8246 1018 or 101. Alternatively, call the charity Missing People on 116000.