O2 Centre helps to bring Christmas cheer to needy children
- Credit: Archant
Giving Tree initiative to support local charities Camden Foster Care and Doorstep
This Christmas, the O2 Centre aims to ensure that disadvantaged children and families in need across the borough receive a gift, by launching its Giving Tree initiative.
From November 14, the Centre will be asking its customers to pick a name tag from the tree, which will help inspire them to buy an extra Christmas gift for a child in need.
A team of Christmas helpers will then ensure all gifts are delivered safely on December 23 to Camden Foster Care and Doorstep, in time for festive celebrations.
The centre is hoping up to 500 gifts will be passed on to the charities, both of which provide vital care and shelter for vulnerable children, young people and families across the Camden borough.
Jason King, Centre Manager of the O2 Centre, commented: “The team and I are really looking forward to supporting these wonderful local charities and helping to bring some Christmas cheer to the children and families they support. “Christmas is such an exciting time for us all as we give and receive gifts, but many children across the borough don’t experience this luxury.
“We are asking our customers, who are coming to the centre to buy gifts and stocking fillers, to pick up something extra that will make a big difference to a child in Camden”.
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Unarmed man shot by police during prison break was ‘lawfully killed’
- 3 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 4 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 6 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 7 'Hostility for LGBT+ people': Mike Freer resigns from Boris Johnson's government
- 8 George Michael’s Highgate piano sells for £200,000
- 9 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 10 Father's fear autistic son will 'dive through' window of unsafe West Hampstead home
The Giving Tree will be in place from November 14 – December 23 near Waterstones.
Only new products, sealed or with labels attached, will be accepted. The gifts will be delivered to Camden Foster Care and Doorstep on December 23.