O2 Centre helps to bring Christmas cheer to needy children
- Credit: Archant
Giving Tree initiative to support local charities Camden Foster Care and Doorstep
This Christmas, the O2 Centre aims to ensure that disadvantaged children and families in need across the borough receive a gift, by launching its Giving Tree initiative.
From November 14, the Centre will be asking its customers to pick a name tag from the tree, which will help inspire them to buy an extra Christmas gift for a child in need.
A team of Christmas helpers will then ensure all gifts are delivered safely on December 23 to Camden Foster Care and Doorstep, in time for festive celebrations.
The centre is hoping up to 500 gifts will be passed on to the charities, both of which provide vital care and shelter for vulnerable children, young people and families across the Camden borough.
You may also want to watch:
Jason King, Centre Manager of the O2 Centre, commented: “The team and I are really looking forward to supporting these wonderful local charities and helping to bring some Christmas cheer to the children and families they support. “Christmas is such an exciting time for us all as we give and receive gifts, but many children across the borough don’t experience this luxury.
“We are asking our customers, who are coming to the centre to buy gifts and stocking fillers, to pick up something extra that will make a big difference to a child in Camden”.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
The Giving Tree will be in place from November 14 – December 23 near Waterstones.
Only new products, sealed or with labels attached, will be accepted. The gifts will be delivered to Camden Foster Care and Doorstep on December 23.