O2 Centre helps to bring Christmas cheer to needy children
- Credit: Archant
Giving Tree initiative to support local charities Camden Foster Care and Doorstep
This Christmas, the O2 Centre aims to ensure that disadvantaged children and families in need across the borough receive a gift, by launching its Giving Tree initiative.
From November 14, the Centre will be asking its customers to pick a name tag from the tree, which will help inspire them to buy an extra Christmas gift for a child in need.
A team of Christmas helpers will then ensure all gifts are delivered safely on December 23 to Camden Foster Care and Doorstep, in time for festive celebrations.
The centre is hoping up to 500 gifts will be passed on to the charities, both of which provide vital care and shelter for vulnerable children, young people and families across the Camden borough.
Jason King, Centre Manager of the O2 Centre, commented: “The team and I are really looking forward to supporting these wonderful local charities and helping to bring some Christmas cheer to the children and families they support. “Christmas is such an exciting time for us all as we give and receive gifts, but many children across the borough don’t experience this luxury.
“We are asking our customers, who are coming to the centre to buy gifts and stocking fillers, to pick up something extra that will make a big difference to a child in Camden”.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 5 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 6 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
The Giving Tree will be in place from November 14 – December 23 near Waterstones.
Only new products, sealed or with labels attached, will be accepted. The gifts will be delivered to Camden Foster Care and Doorstep on December 23.