Swiss Cottage set for new farmer’s market to celebrate O2 Centre’s 20th birthday
- Credit: Archant
As part of the 20th birthday celebrations of the 02 Centre on Finchley Road, the Real Farmer’s Market is launching a Sunday event to take place each week.
Starting on September 9, the car park of the Swiss Cottage shopping centre will host 25 stalls selling a variety of produce.
There will be vendors selling fruit and veg, home-baked bread, local meat, fruit juices and fresh fish.
The first event will be opened by the Mayor of Camden, Cllr Jenny Headlam-Wells, while acoustic musician Al Marnaca will be performing.
Live music is set to be part of the market every week.
Jason King, O2 Centre Manager, said: “We’re enormously excited to welcome the Real Farmers Market to the O2 Centre on Sundays, adding to our already excellent food offers with fresh local produce, and delicious, healthy eating ideas.
“We’ll also have some local dignitaries and some great entertainment for adults and kids to enjoy.”
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 3 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 4 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 5 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 8 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 9 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
Animals from the Kentish Town City Farm will also be visiting the O2 to keep children entertained.