Swiss Cottage set for new farmer’s market to celebrate O2 Centre’s 20th birthday
- Credit: Archant
As part of the 20th birthday celebrations of the 02 Centre on Finchley Road, the Real Farmer’s Market is launching a Sunday event to take place each week.
Starting on September 9, the car park of the Swiss Cottage shopping centre will host 25 stalls selling a variety of produce.
There will be vendors selling fruit and veg, home-baked bread, local meat, fruit juices and fresh fish.
The first event will be opened by the Mayor of Camden, Cllr Jenny Headlam-Wells, while acoustic musician Al Marnaca will be performing.
Live music is set to be part of the market every week.
Jason King, O2 Centre Manager, said: “We’re enormously excited to welcome the Real Farmers Market to the O2 Centre on Sundays, adding to our already excellent food offers with fresh local produce, and delicious, healthy eating ideas.
“We’ll also have some local dignitaries and some great entertainment for adults and kids to enjoy.”
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 3 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 6 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 7 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 8 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 9 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 10 Go fish: Anglers complain of limited access to Heath ponds
Animals from the Kentish Town City Farm will also be visiting the O2 to keep children entertained.