O2 Centre Finchley Road: Police called to report of naked man theft
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to the O2 Centre in Finchley Road on Friday morning after a streaker reportedly stole from its shops.
At around 11am a man naked from the waist down was in the O2 before he moved outside into a phone box in Finchley Road where he sung Madonna’s Like a Virgin.
He was detained under the Mental Health Act and taken to hospital.
An eyewitness from Swiss Cottage, who was shopping for Mother’s Day, said the man had an altercation with a member of staff from Virgin Active gym.
He said: “I’d bought this card from Paperchase and noticed a bit of jostling between this guy and someone from Virgin Active.”
You may also want to watch:
He continued: “Within minutes there were two police vans. They cuffed him and covered him up with a bag that he’d picked up from the road before they bundled him into a van.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'