NW3 Green School Runs: Private school bus service launches in driving Hampstead rain
- Credit: Archant
The NW3 Green School Runs (NW3 GSR) team launched its bus service for private school parents on a rainy Monday in Hampstead.
Less than six months after the group formed, the first buses taking children from the surrounding area to schools in Hampstead are now running.
The initiative is designed to improve air quality by reducing the number of journeys towards NW3 taken by parents.
Valeria Pensabene from NW3 GSR said: "The launch went really well, notwithstanding the driving rain."
She added parents could try out the bus service - which is being administered by start-up Zeelo - for one day free, using a discount code "NW3", ahead of the full roll-out next September, and reception-age children were also now being accepted on the buses.
You may also want to watch:
The initiative, currently involving six NW3 private schools, has been backed by both local MP Tulip Siddiq and Camden Council.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 3 Gospel Oak Football Club: A team with roots firmly in the community
- 4 Tottenham Hotspur host Everton in mouthwatering clash
- 5 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 6 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 9 Highgate's Harington Scheme donates clothes to families and hostels
- 10 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm