NW3 Green School Runs: Private school bus service launches in driving Hampstead rain
- Credit: Archant
The NW3 Green School Runs (NW3 GSR) team launched its bus service for private school parents on a rainy Monday in Hampstead.
Less than six months after the group formed, the first buses taking children from the surrounding area to schools in Hampstead are now running.
The initiative is designed to improve air quality by reducing the number of journeys towards NW3 taken by parents.
Valeria Pensabene from NW3 GSR said: "The launch went really well, notwithstanding the driving rain."
She added parents could try out the bus service - which is being administered by start-up Zeelo - for one day free, using a discount code "NW3", ahead of the full roll-out next September, and reception-age children were also now being accepted on the buses.
You may also want to watch:
The initiative, currently involving six NW3 private schools, has been backed by both local MP Tulip Siddiq and Camden Council.
- 1 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 6 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 7 Early plans under way for Dartmouth Park LTN scheme
- 8 'Real harm to wildlife': Invasive crayfish in Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 9 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road