NW3 Green School Runs: Private school bus service launches in driving Hampstead rain
- Credit: Archant
The NW3 Green School Runs (NW3 GSR) team launched its bus service for private school parents on a rainy Monday in Hampstead.
Less than six months after the group formed, the first buses taking children from the surrounding area to schools in Hampstead are now running.
The initiative is designed to improve air quality by reducing the number of journeys towards NW3 taken by parents.
Valeria Pensabene from NW3 GSR said: "The launch went really well, notwithstanding the driving rain."
She added parents could try out the bus service - which is being administered by start-up Zeelo - for one day free, using a discount code "NW3", ahead of the full roll-out next September, and reception-age children were also now being accepted on the buses.
You may also want to watch:
The initiative, currently involving six NW3 private schools, has been backed by both local MP Tulip Siddiq and Camden Council.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 5 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 6 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 7 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation