NW3 Green School Runs: Private school bus service launches in driving Hampstead rain
- Credit: Archant
The NW3 Green School Runs (NW3 GSR) team launched its bus service for private school parents on a rainy Monday in Hampstead.
Less than six months after the group formed, the first buses taking children from the surrounding area to schools in Hampstead are now running.
The initiative is designed to improve air quality by reducing the number of journeys towards NW3 taken by parents.
Valeria Pensabene from NW3 GSR said: "The launch went really well, notwithstanding the driving rain."
She added parents could try out the bus service - which is being administered by start-up Zeelo - for one day free, using a discount code "NW3", ahead of the full roll-out next September, and reception-age children were also now being accepted on the buses.
You may also want to watch:
The initiative, currently involving six NW3 private schools, has been backed by both local MP Tulip Siddiq and Camden Council.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 10 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine