NW3 Green School Runs: Coach trial to begin June 3 as booking site launched
- Credit: Archant
The NW3 Green School Runs group are to launch the trial of their coach service for Hampstead’s private school parents next week.
The iniative, supported by Camden Council, local MP Tulip Siddiq, and a number of the schools themselves, will see coaches run from Highgate, Queen's Park and Finchley to Hampstead each morning.
The trial will finish on July 5, but the NW3 Green School Runs team are hopeful of being able launch an expanded service in time for the new school year beginning in September.
Valeria Pensabene from the group said: "This is a big start for us and we're delighted, we asked the school's to provide chaperones and they'll be doing so from after half term.
"The next thing for us will be to get the school's to promote walking buses. "
You may also want to watch:
The website for the trial, being operated by start-up Zeelo, is now live, with parents able to book tickets online. See travel.zeelo.co/nw3-schools-zeelo-route-and-booking-information-page/
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 5 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 9 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 10 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden