NW3 Green School Runs: Coach trial to begin June 3 as booking site launched
- Credit: Archant
The NW3 Green School Runs group are to launch the trial of their coach service for Hampstead’s private school parents next week.
The iniative, supported by Camden Council, local MP Tulip Siddiq, and a number of the schools themselves, will see coaches run from Highgate, Queen's Park and Finchley to Hampstead each morning.
The trial will finish on July 5, but the NW3 Green School Runs team are hopeful of being able launch an expanded service in time for the new school year beginning in September.
Valeria Pensabene from the group said: "This is a big start for us and we're delighted, we asked the school's to provide chaperones and they'll be doing so from after half term.
"The next thing for us will be to get the school's to promote walking buses. "
You may also want to watch:
The website for the trial, being operated by start-up Zeelo, is now live, with parents able to book tickets online. See travel.zeelo.co/nw3-schools-zeelo-route-and-booking-information-page/
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives