Nutella, Banana, and Fresh Berry Pizza
Mix it up this summertime, and cater to large party with this easy peasy crowd pleaser dessert pizza.
A fresh approach to summer dessert, this easy-going recipe is a crowd pleaser. Perfect after a pizza party with an outdoor pizza oven, simply put together in moments, and serve warm with clotted Cornish ice-cream.
1 Pizza serves 6 people (generously)
3 Teaspoons of unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Demerara Sugar
4 Heaped Tablespoons of Nutella
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 7 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 Grease: 'High energy fun but I'm not hopelessly devoted'
1 Ripe Mashed Banana
Handful of Ripe Juicy Blackberries and Raspberries
Icing sugar – for dusting
Bring your wood fired oven up to pizza cooking temperature, around 400 °C.
Roll our your dough out to desired pizza base thickness and size. Dot 3 teaspoons of unsalted butter over the pizza dough. Place in the pizza oven for 25-30 seconds, or until the butter has melted, turning the pizza round once, this will part cook the base.
Remove from oven and using a pastry brush, spread the melted butter over the entire pizza base surface.
Generously sprinkle Demerara sugar over the pizza base, place in the wood fired oven and cook for around 20 seconds, until the sugar caramelises and the base begins to cook. Turn the pizza often. Do not let the sugar burn, or else the sugar will turn bitter. Remove the pizza base from the wood fired oven.
Smear tablespoons of Nutella from the outside of the pizza base to the inside. Leaving gaps between each line of chocolate. Then smear lines of mashed banana between the chocolate, until everywhere except the pizza edge is covered.
Place the chocolate pizza back into the wood fired oven briefly, to melt the chocolate, making sure the Nutella doesn’t burn.
Remove from the oven and toss the ripe berries over the base. Add a light dusting of icing sugar and slice the pizza for an explosion of colour. Serve with clotted Cornish Ice cream.