Nutella, Banana, and Fresh Berry Pizza
Mix it up this summertime, and cater to large party with this easy peasy crowd pleaser dessert pizza.
A fresh approach to summer dessert, this easy-going recipe is a crowd pleaser. Perfect after a pizza party with an outdoor pizza oven, simply put together in moments, and serve warm with clotted Cornish ice-cream.
1 Pizza serves 6 people (generously)
3 Teaspoons of unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Demerara Sugar
4 Heaped Tablespoons of Nutella
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 5 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
1 Ripe Mashed Banana
Handful of Ripe Juicy Blackberries and Raspberries
Icing sugar – for dusting
Bring your wood fired oven up to pizza cooking temperature, around 400 °C.
Roll our your dough out to desired pizza base thickness and size. Dot 3 teaspoons of unsalted butter over the pizza dough. Place in the pizza oven for 25-30 seconds, or until the butter has melted, turning the pizza round once, this will part cook the base.
Remove from oven and using a pastry brush, spread the melted butter over the entire pizza base surface.
Generously sprinkle Demerara sugar over the pizza base, place in the wood fired oven and cook for around 20 seconds, until the sugar caramelises and the base begins to cook. Turn the pizza often. Do not let the sugar burn, or else the sugar will turn bitter. Remove the pizza base from the wood fired oven.
Smear tablespoons of Nutella from the outside of the pizza base to the inside. Leaving gaps between each line of chocolate. Then smear lines of mashed banana between the chocolate, until everywhere except the pizza edge is covered.
Place the chocolate pizza back into the wood fired oven briefly, to melt the chocolate, making sure the Nutella doesn’t burn.
Remove from the oven and toss the ripe berries over the base. Add a light dusting of icing sugar and slice the pizza for an explosion of colour. Serve with clotted Cornish Ice cream.