Now Londoners can whoop it up at anti-Valentine's Day party
A whopping 92% of Londoners believe Valentine s Day is too commercial and almost three quarters of us plan to shun romance by staying in alone or partying with pals. A new survey by friend finding website CitySocialising
A whopping 92% of Londoners believe Valentine's Day is too commercial and almost three quarters of us plan to shun romance by staying in alone or partying with pals.
A new survey by friend finding website CitySocialising found 38% of Londoners plan to go out and celebrate Valentine's with friends while a further 34% said they wouldn't be celebrating at all.
But Londoners are more inclined to party the night away with pals and less likely to sit on their own and mope than singletons elsewhere in the UK. Outside of London 48% of men and 42% of women plan not to celebrate Valentine's at all compared to just 34% of Londoners.
The survey has revealed a growing number of Londoners regard February 14 with despair and many prefer the company of mates to canoodling with a loved one. There is a higher proportion of single people in the capital than any where else in the UK - and a growing number are shunning coupledom in favour of an active and varied social life.
You may also want to watch:
Now CitySocialising is organising a huge anti-Valentine party for Londoners who want to celebrate with friends and make some new ones this month rather than staying home and wishing they were in a relationship. The party takes place at Murphis, Clerkenwell Road, on Saturday February 13 and tickets are available from CitySocialising.
For more information about the anti-Valentine party please visit www.CitySocialising.com .
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'