Now an iPhone app that can tell when bus is due
No more last-minute dash for no-show services
�A West Hampstead resident has launched London’s first ever Bus Countdown iPhone application to provide live bus arrival information, reduce the time spent waiting at bus stops and crucially, to give commuters precious extra minutes in bed.
Carl Partridge of Narcissus Road, West Hampstead, was fed up waiting at bus stops not knowing when the next one would come, so he created the app, which gives live arrival information for all 20,000 stops in London.
It has been recommended by the Apple store as a top new app and after launching last week, has been downloaded by hundreds of people.
The computer science graduate and part-time comedy writer said: “It’s all about cutting down on those mad dashes to the bus stop only to find out that the bus has just gone or is still 10 minutes away.”
Carl cites frustration over waiting for the 328 bus from West Hampstead to Chelsea and the 31 to Shepherds Bush as the inspiration behind his work.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 10 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
The service could be even more useful now that Transport for London (TfL) plans to cut the number of bus stops fitted with arrival information boards.
“So many people stand at bus stops wondering whether they could have had enough time to have spent a few more minutes in bed,” he said.
Now those travelling can stop wondering and use the app, which tracks TfL information, to find out about arrival times, cancellations or delays, without having to leave their home or workplace.
Information is available at www.buschecker.com