Notorious sex and drugs den closed in dawn raid
A NOTORIOUS drug den has been shut down by police in West Hampstead. Officers stormed the property in Brassey Road in a 6.30am dawn raid and found evidence of Class A drugs. A 44-year-old woman was also questioned but was not arrested after the raid on We
A NOTORIOUS drug den has been shut down by police in West Hampstead.
Officers stormed the property in Brassey Road in a 6.30am dawn raid and found evidence of Class A drugs.
A 44-year-old woman was also questioned but was not arrested after the raid on Wednesday April 23.
In the months before the operation, drug users and sex workers had forced out the tenant, leaving him sleep in a nearby garage.
You may also want to watch:
"This closure order represents a permanent solution to the problem at this address, as it will be renovated and re-let after three months," said PC Toby Bayliss.
"The Fortune Green Safer Neighbourhoods Team will use closure order legislation to deal with properties used for drug activity when they are brought to our attention."
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
Any person entering or attempting to enter the address without permission in the next three months risks arrest.