Notorious sex and drugs den closed in dawn raid
A NOTORIOUS drug den has been shut down by police in West Hampstead. Officers stormed the property in Brassey Road in a 6.30am dawn raid and found evidence of Class A drugs. A 44-year-old woman was also questioned but was not arrested after the raid on We
A NOTORIOUS drug den has been shut down by police in West Hampstead.
Officers stormed the property in Brassey Road in a 6.30am dawn raid and found evidence of Class A drugs.
A 44-year-old woman was also questioned but was not arrested after the raid on Wednesday April 23.
In the months before the operation, drug users and sex workers had forced out the tenant, leaving him sleep in a nearby garage.
You may also want to watch:
"This closure order represents a permanent solution to the problem at this address, as it will be renovated and re-let after three months," said PC Toby Bayliss.
"The Fortune Green Safer Neighbourhoods Team will use closure order legislation to deal with properties used for drug activity when they are brought to our attention."
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
Any person entering or attempting to enter the address without permission in the next three months risks arrest.