Notorious sex and drugs den closed in dawn raid
A NOTORIOUS drug den has been shut down by police in West Hampstead. Officers stormed the property in Brassey Road in a 6.30am dawn raid and found evidence of Class A drugs. A 44-year-old woman was also questioned but was not arrested after the raid on We
A NOTORIOUS drug den has been shut down by police in West Hampstead.
Officers stormed the property in Brassey Road in a 6.30am dawn raid and found evidence of Class A drugs.
A 44-year-old woman was also questioned but was not arrested after the raid on Wednesday April 23.
In the months before the operation, drug users and sex workers had forced out the tenant, leaving him sleep in a nearby garage.
You may also want to watch:
"This closure order represents a permanent solution to the problem at this address, as it will be renovated and re-let after three months," said PC Toby Bayliss.
"The Fortune Green Safer Neighbourhoods Team will use closure order legislation to deal with properties used for drug activity when they are brought to our attention."
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 6 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 9 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
Any person entering or attempting to enter the address without permission in the next three months risks arrest.