Notorious sex and drugs den closed in dawn raid
A NOTORIOUS drug den has been shut down by police in West Hampstead. Officers stormed the property in Brassey Road in a 6.30am dawn raid and found evidence of Class A drugs. A 44-year-old woman was also questioned but was not arrested after the raid on We
A NOTORIOUS drug den has been shut down by police in West Hampstead.
Officers stormed the property in Brassey Road in a 6.30am dawn raid and found evidence of Class A drugs.
A 44-year-old woman was also questioned but was not arrested after the raid on Wednesday April 23.
In the months before the operation, drug users and sex workers had forced out the tenant, leaving him sleep in a nearby garage.
"This closure order represents a permanent solution to the problem at this address, as it will be renovated and re-let after three months," said PC Toby Bayliss.
"The Fortune Green Safer Neighbourhoods Team will use closure order legislation to deal with properties used for drug activity when they are brought to our attention."
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 8 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
- 9 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
Any person entering or attempting to enter the address without permission in the next three months risks arrest.