Not just a small band who rescued Highgate cemetery
IT was not just a small band who rescued Highgate Cemetery as stated by Cllr Oakes (H&H letters January 25). It was a very large community of people who worked tirelessly week in, week out for many years. My aunt was one of them. The trustees have got
IT was not just a ''small band'' who rescued Highgate Cemetery as stated by Cllr Oakes (H&H letters January 25). It was a very large community of people who worked tirelessly week in, week out for many years. My aunt was one of them.
The trustees have got some nerve to deny this now by attributing the credit to just a ''small band'' instead. This isn't themselves by any chance, is it?
Onslow Gardens N1
You may also want to watch:
The trustees of Highgate cemetery (H&H letters, January 25) say that conduct towards graveowners is ''regardless of religion, ethnicity or nationality''. However, is it not the case that memorials with Islamic inscriptions are barred from certain plots? Is it not also the case that memorials with culturally oriented designs are vetted and subject to a veto?
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 7 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
Avenue Road, N6