NOT IMPRESSED BY FRENCH INVASION
wholeheartedly support and welcome your campaign to Keep It Local. However, I hope this means that you will oppose any future plans to site a so-called French Market in the area. It was fun and exciting, but I couldn t understand why we needed a French ma
wholeheartedly support and welcome your campaign to Keep It Local. However, I hope this means that you will oppose any future plans to site a so-called French Market in the area.
It was fun and exciting, but I couldn't understand why we needed a French market, especially as we have wonderful local shops, a good Farmers' Market in Swiss Cottage and we are all conscious of the need to buy produce that is local, fresh and seasonal.
In my opinion the market was rather tacky with loud music and fairly unexciting products such as quilts, fabrics and toys which were very average, cheap handbags and revolting sweets which were decidedly inferior and charcuterie, crepes, wine and cheese which are easily obtained locally already.
From now on I will certainly be even more aware of where I am shopping and making an extra effort not to go outside the area. I am already planning to do my Christmas shopping as locally as possible and will not only support our local businesses, but relax and enjoy what can be a chore.
You may also want to watch:
Glenmore Road, NW3
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour