Nominate your Haringey young hero
THE deadline to nominate your young hero for an award is imminent. Entries to the Young Haringey Heroes Award were extended, but the deadline is tomorrow – May 21. The annual awards celebrate the achievements of young people under 21 and show the positive
THE deadline to nominate your young hero for an award is imminent.
Entries to the Young Haringey Heroes Award were extended, but the deadline is tomorrow - May 21.
The annual awards celebrate the achievements of young people under 21 and show the positive contribution young people are making to the local community.
There are junior (12 years and under) and senior (13 to 21) awards available in 11 categories, including caring for others, outstanding positive contribution, academic and sporting achievement, environmental awareness, music and performing arts.
Cabinet Member designate for Children's Services, Cllr Lorna Reith, said: "These awards are a great way of celebrating the achievements of young people in Haringey.
"Our borough has scores of young people who are making a real contribution to the local community and this is our opportunity to celebrate the good work they are doing."
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
Almost 200 children and young people were nominated for awards last year. The winners' ceremony will take place on July 9 at the Bernie Grant Arts Centre.