Nominate your Haringey young hero
THE deadline to nominate your young hero for an award is imminent. Entries to the Young Haringey Heroes Award were extended, but the deadline is tomorrow – May 21. The annual awards celebrate the achievements of young people under 21 and show the positive
THE deadline to nominate your young hero for an award is imminent.
Entries to the Young Haringey Heroes Award were extended, but the deadline is tomorrow - May 21.
The annual awards celebrate the achievements of young people under 21 and show the positive contribution young people are making to the local community.
There are junior (12 years and under) and senior (13 to 21) awards available in 11 categories, including caring for others, outstanding positive contribution, academic and sporting achievement, environmental awareness, music and performing arts.
You may also want to watch:
Cabinet Member designate for Children's Services, Cllr Lorna Reith, said: "These awards are a great way of celebrating the achievements of young people in Haringey.
"Our borough has scores of young people who are making a real contribution to the local community and this is our opportunity to celebrate the good work they are doing."
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 7 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 10 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
Almost 200 children and young people were nominated for awards last year. The winners' ceremony will take place on July 9 at the Bernie Grant Arts Centre.