Nominate your Haringey young hero
THE deadline to nominate your young hero for an award is imminent. Entries to the Young Haringey Heroes Award were extended, but the deadline is tomorrow – May 21. The annual awards celebrate the achievements of young people under 21 and show the positive
THE deadline to nominate your young hero for an award is imminent.
Entries to the Young Haringey Heroes Award were extended, but the deadline is tomorrow - May 21.
The annual awards celebrate the achievements of young people under 21 and show the positive contribution young people are making to the local community.
There are junior (12 years and under) and senior (13 to 21) awards available in 11 categories, including caring for others, outstanding positive contribution, academic and sporting achievement, environmental awareness, music and performing arts.
You may also want to watch:
Cabinet Member designate for Children's Services, Cllr Lorna Reith, said: "These awards are a great way of celebrating the achievements of young people in Haringey.
"Our borough has scores of young people who are making a real contribution to the local community and this is our opportunity to celebrate the good work they are doing."
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 9 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 10 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
Almost 200 children and young people were nominated for awards last year. The winners' ceremony will take place on July 9 at the Bernie Grant Arts Centre.