Nominate your Haringey young hero
THE deadline to nominate your young hero for an award is imminent. Entries to the Young Haringey Heroes Award were extended, but the deadline is tomorrow – May 21. The annual awards celebrate the achievements of young people under 21 and show the positive
THE deadline to nominate your young hero for an award is imminent.
Entries to the Young Haringey Heroes Award were extended, but the deadline is tomorrow - May 21.
The annual awards celebrate the achievements of young people under 21 and show the positive contribution young people are making to the local community.
There are junior (12 years and under) and senior (13 to 21) awards available in 11 categories, including caring for others, outstanding positive contribution, academic and sporting achievement, environmental awareness, music and performing arts.
Cabinet Member designate for Children's Services, Cllr Lorna Reith, said: "These awards are a great way of celebrating the achievements of young people in Haringey.
"Our borough has scores of young people who are making a real contribution to the local community and this is our opportunity to celebrate the good work they are doing."
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 3 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 4 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 5 George Michael's Highgate piano to be auctioned off
- 6 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 7 'Do the right thing': Locket containing baby's ashes stolen from car
- 8 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 9 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
- 10 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
Almost 200 children and young people were nominated for awards last year. The winners' ceremony will take place on July 9 at the Bernie Grant Arts Centre.