Nominate your Haringey young hero
THE deadline to nominate your young hero for an award is imminent. Entries to the Young Haringey Heroes Award were extended, but the deadline is tomorrow – May 21. The annual awards celebrate the achievements of young people under 21 and show the positive
THE deadline to nominate your young hero for an award is imminent.
Entries to the Young Haringey Heroes Award were extended, but the deadline is tomorrow - May 21.
The annual awards celebrate the achievements of young people under 21 and show the positive contribution young people are making to the local community.
There are junior (12 years and under) and senior (13 to 21) awards available in 11 categories, including caring for others, outstanding positive contribution, academic and sporting achievement, environmental awareness, music and performing arts.
You may also want to watch:
Cabinet Member designate for Children's Services, Cllr Lorna Reith, said: "These awards are a great way of celebrating the achievements of young people in Haringey.
"Our borough has scores of young people who are making a real contribution to the local community and this is our opportunity to celebrate the good work they are doing."
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
Almost 200 children and young people were nominated for awards last year. The winners' ceremony will take place on July 9 at the Bernie Grant Arts Centre.