No smoke without ire at Spaniards Inn barbecue
I WONDER if others like myself and family have finally decided to stop going to the Spaniards Inn? Since last year the customer seems to be the last person to be considered there. There never seem to be enough staff on duty and those that are there do no
I WONDER if others like myself and family have finally decided to stop going to the Spaniards Inn? Since last year the customer seems to be the last person to be considered there.
There never seem to be enough staff on duty and those that are there do not seem co-ordinated or aware of their duties.
On Saturday about 1pm when there weren't too many folk around, it still took an average of 10 minutes to get a drink. A chef was clearly heard arguing with another staff member over who should be doing what.
There were clouds of smoke from the barbecue but no food available.
You may also want to watch:
Two men in their 50s commented that the place gets worse and a young man and his family left in disgust after their meal failed to arrive.
The Spaniards has a long history of serving food and drink, but it needs a good shake-up, otherwise it doesn't deserve its prime location and the recommendations of previous years being upheld.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 9 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
Our little group, three of us, walked over the Heath for about 10 minutes and had another drink in the Old Bull and Bush and were served in about two minutes.
The Old Bull and Bush always has sufficient staff for customer needs, they are also polite and friendly and can work well in harmony.
So please, Spaniards, get your act together!
The buck has to stop with the management who are ultimately responsible for the smooth and satisfactory running of the inn and public house.
DAVID JM McGEOGHAN-POWELL
Burrard Road, NW6