No rubbish collection in Barnet
BARNET Council has suspended rubbish collections today because of the treacherous ice and snow after only a limited number of collections yesterday. Transport and environment boss Cllr Daniel Thomas said: We sent trucks out yesterday to try and collect w
BARNET Council has suspended rubbish collections today because of the treacherous ice and snow after only a limited number of collections yesterday.
Transport and environment boss Cllr Daniel Thomas said: "We sent trucks out yesterday to try and collect waste and recycling but it proved impossible to continue after the heavy snow. Conditions are if anything worse today with snow turning to ice.
"I appreciate that residents will be frustrated by two days of no bin collections, but frankly no one is go to thank us for emptying their bins, if they come home and find a refuse truck shaped dent in the side of their car.
"Staff in our street teams who are unable to work normally are now out hand gritting in our town centres and restocking the grit bins across the borough."
You may also want to watch:
Gritting trucks were out last night and the priority routes in the borough have been kept open.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 8 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue