No rubbish collection in Barnet
BARNET Council has suspended rubbish collections today because of the treacherous ice and snow after only a limited number of collections yesterday. Transport and environment boss Cllr Daniel Thomas said: We sent trucks out yesterday to try and collect w
BARNET Council has suspended rubbish collections today because of the treacherous ice and snow after only a limited number of collections yesterday.
Transport and environment boss Cllr Daniel Thomas said: "We sent trucks out yesterday to try and collect waste and recycling but it proved impossible to continue after the heavy snow. Conditions are if anything worse today with snow turning to ice.
"I appreciate that residents will be frustrated by two days of no bin collections, but frankly no one is go to thank us for emptying their bins, if they come home and find a refuse truck shaped dent in the side of their car.
"Staff in our street teams who are unable to work normally are now out hand gritting in our town centres and restocking the grit bins across the borough."
You may also want to watch:
Gritting trucks were out last night and the priority routes in the borough have been kept open.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 10 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'