Nightspot evacuated as blaze rips through Camden shop
- Credit: Archant
Revellers were evacuated from Camden High Street as firefighters tackled a blaze that ripped through a shop.
Residents in flats above the shop had to be evacuated as fire broke out at around 10pm last night.
Four fire engines and 20 firefighters were called to the building on the high street.
Part of the ground floor shop was damaged by fire.
There were no reports of any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Kentish Town Watch Manager Dan Acquah, who was at the scene, said: “When crews arrived there was very intense smoke coming from the building and flames were extremely visible.
“Firefighters had to use cutting equipment to gain access to the shop as it had metal shutters, but crews worked quickly to bring the fire under control and prevented it from spreading to the flats above and neighbouring businesses.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
The Brigade was called at 9.59pm and the fire was under control at 11.24pm. Fire crews from Kentish Town, Euston and Soho fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.