Nightspot evacuated as blaze rips through Camden shop
- Credit: Archant
Revellers were evacuated from Camden High Street as firefighters tackled a blaze that ripped through a shop.
Residents in flats above the shop had to be evacuated as fire broke out at around 10pm last night.
Four fire engines and 20 firefighters were called to the building on the high street.
Part of the ground floor shop was damaged by fire.
There were no reports of any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Kentish Town Watch Manager Dan Acquah, who was at the scene, said: “When crews arrived there was very intense smoke coming from the building and flames were extremely visible.
“Firefighters had to use cutting equipment to gain access to the shop as it had metal shutters, but crews worked quickly to bring the fire under control and prevented it from spreading to the flats above and neighbouring businesses.”
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
The Brigade was called at 9.59pm and the fire was under control at 11.24pm. Fire crews from Kentish Town, Euston and Soho fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.