Nightspot evacuated as blaze rips through Camden shop
- Credit: Archant
Revellers were evacuated from Camden High Street as firefighters tackled a blaze that ripped through a shop.
Residents in flats above the shop had to be evacuated as fire broke out at around 10pm last night.
Four fire engines and 20 firefighters were called to the building on the high street.
Part of the ground floor shop was damaged by fire.
There were no reports of any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Kentish Town Watch Manager Dan Acquah, who was at the scene, said: “When crews arrived there was very intense smoke coming from the building and flames were extremely visible.
“Firefighters had to use cutting equipment to gain access to the shop as it had metal shutters, but crews worked quickly to bring the fire under control and prevented it from spreading to the flats above and neighbouring businesses.”
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
The Brigade was called at 9.59pm and the fire was under control at 11.24pm. Fire crews from Kentish Town, Euston and Soho fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.