Nicklas Bendtner will return for Arsenal despite car smash
Nicklas Bendtner should be in contention for this weekend's home game with Blackburn despite crashing his car on Sunday. The Danish striker s Aston Martin collided with a tree on the A1 near the Gunners London Colney training ground just after 10am. He m
Nicklas Bendtner should be in contention for next weekend's home game with Blackburn despite crashing his car on Sunday.
The Danish striker's Aston Martin collided with a tree on the A1 near the Gunners' London Colney training ground just after 10am.
He misses Tuesday night's Champions League clash with Olympiacos after sitting out training today, but Arsene Wenger said: "Fortunately there was no real long-term damage, but he was bruised and we thought it better he did not train. He should be back for Sunday's game."
The East of England Ambulance Service said Bendtner had a "very lucky escape", straining a shoulder and grazing his knees.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "When the ambulance crews arrived at the scene they found a car which was badly damaged after it collided with the hard shoulder fence and a tree.
"A man who we believe to be 21 years old received minor injuries. Following a checkover by paramedics, he did not require to go to hospital.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub