Nicklas Bendtner will return for Arsenal despite car smash
Nicklas Bendtner should be in contention for this weekend's home game with Blackburn despite crashing his car on Sunday. The Danish striker s Aston Martin collided with a tree on the A1 near the Gunners London Colney training ground just after 10am. He m
Nicklas Bendtner should be in contention for next weekend's home game with Blackburn despite crashing his car on Sunday.
The Danish striker's Aston Martin collided with a tree on the A1 near the Gunners' London Colney training ground just after 10am.
He misses Tuesday night's Champions League clash with Olympiacos after sitting out training today, but Arsene Wenger said: "Fortunately there was no real long-term damage, but he was bruised and we thought it better he did not train. He should be back for Sunday's game."
The East of England Ambulance Service said Bendtner had a "very lucky escape", straining a shoulder and grazing his knees.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "When the ambulance crews arrived at the scene they found a car which was badly damaged after it collided with the hard shoulder fence and a tree.
"A man who we believe to be 21 years old received minor injuries. Following a checkover by paramedics, he did not require to go to hospital.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds