Camden man charged with murder after Newham stabbing
- Credit: Met Police
A Camden man is in court today charged with murder following a fatal stabbing in Newham.
Harry Ehibor, 20, of Chalk Farm Road, will appear at Thames Magistrates' Court in connection with the death of Abiola Akerele.
Saeed Farouk, 21, of Macaulay Road, East Ham, will also face the same charge of murder.
Police and paramedics attended Stondon Walk on December 29 around 3.20pm to reports of an assault. Abiola, 28, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination found he died as a result of a stab injury to the heart.
You may also want to watch:
Previously, Rayhan Yasin Ali, 18, of Abbots Road, East Ham, was charged with murder on New Year's Day.
He appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court on Saturday, January 2 and was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, January 5.
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 7 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 8 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 9 Birthday Honours: David Myers rewarded for decades of advocacy at the Royal Free
- 10 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
A 17-year-old girl arrested on New Year's Day on suspicion of murder has been released on bail until the end of January.
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses. Anyone with information can call 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 3667/29DEC.
Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.