New Year's Honours: Whittington Health's chief nurse made an MBE
- Credit: Whittington Health
Michelle Johnson, chief nurse at Highgate's Whittington Hospital, has been made an MBE.
Her boss Siobhan Harrington, who is the Whittington NHS Trust's chief exec, led the tributes, saying the hospital is "delighted" at the news.
"Michelle has been a visible leader across all areas of the trust, with patient and staff safety as her absolute focus," she said.
The hospital boss also praised Michelle's "personal commitment, particularly her accessibility and visibility".
The chair of the Whittington Trust, Baroness Julia Neuberger, said the recognition for Michelle reflected the "outstanding work" of her colleagues, too.
You may also want to watch:
She said Michelle had always shown "her calm professionalism and consistency in what has been an exceptionally pressurised year".
Michelle said: "I am genuinely shocked and humbled. I see it as acknowledgement not just of my work over the past year, but for the dedicated hard work of the whole team here."
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 6 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 10 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea