New Year's Honours: Whittington Health's chief nurse made an MBE
- Credit: Whittington Health
Michelle Johnson, chief nurse at Highgate's Whittington Hospital, has been made an MBE.
Her boss Siobhan Harrington, who is the Whittington NHS Trust's chief exec, led the tributes, saying the hospital is "delighted" at the news.
"Michelle has been a visible leader across all areas of the trust, with patient and staff safety as her absolute focus," she said.
The hospital boss also praised Michelle's "personal commitment, particularly her accessibility and visibility".
The chair of the Whittington Trust, Baroness Julia Neuberger, said the recognition for Michelle reflected the "outstanding work" of her colleagues, too.
You may also want to watch:
She said Michelle had always shown "her calm professionalism and consistency in what has been an exceptionally pressurised year".
Michelle said: "I am genuinely shocked and humbled. I see it as acknowledgement not just of my work over the past year, but for the dedicated hard work of the whole team here."
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill