New year message: Thanks for a phenomenal community Covid-19 response
The team at Highgate Newtown Community Centre
- Credit: Archant
Thank you! Highgate Newtown Community Centre would like to send thanks to the following people this new year.
Looking forward to 2021, we are excited about continuing the relationships we have built throughout the adversity of 2020.
We have to start by thanking every one of our volunteers. The commitment, dedication and talents of this group of people have created a phenomenal community Covid response.
From helping with the food bank, to admin, telephone and driver volunteers, street collectors, shoppers, picking up prescriptions, checking in on and referring neighbours, sourcing donations, making donations; your work and commitment has been superb, thank you so much.
Thank you to the officers at Camden Council, in particular Phillip and Ali. We all had to learn a lot very fast, and we couldn’t have done it without your hard work.
You may also want to watch:
Our local councillors - Anna, Olly and Sian - who have supported the project from day one and continue to give their time and support: thank you.
Every individual who has contributed once, or more, over the last nine months to allow us to continue to deliver high-quality, healthy, fresh food parcels to our neighbours. Every pound and every tin of beans has made a difference. Thank you so much!
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
Our customers, who have taught us so much. We appreciate the insight into our community you have given us, and we look forward to working together to make a better community for all of us.
Naomi Russell and her brilliant team at Food Bank Aid: North London. The weekly deliveries, of goods and items that we need and can pre-order are outstanding. Thank you for all your hard work and effort to understand how best to help food banks, ours included.
The Whittington Estate TRA, who have kindly housed the foodbank since April. Mike Towers and Holly Lodge Community Centre, who have supported our work through collecting donations and supporting the work on Holly Lodge.
We would also like to thank the volunteers at The Felix Project, the International Workers Club and the local Mutual Aid groups, Peter McKenna, Dunn’s Bakery and Morrison’s.
We are on a hard road, but the work of many lightens the load for us all. Thank you to each and every person who has made our community stronger this year. Happy New Year from Highgate Newtown Community Centre, we look forward to 2021 and everything we can achieve together.
- Highgate Newtown Community Centre helps local people who may need essential support at some point in their lives.