New year message: Thanks for a phenomenal community Covid-19 response
The team at Highgate Newtown Community Centre
- Credit: Archant
Thank you! Highgate Newtown Community Centre would like to send thanks to the following people this new year.
Looking forward to 2021, we are excited about continuing the relationships we have built throughout the adversity of 2020.
We have to start by thanking every one of our volunteers. The commitment, dedication and talents of this group of people have created a phenomenal community Covid response.
From helping with the food bank, to admin, telephone and driver volunteers, street collectors, shoppers, picking up prescriptions, checking in on and referring neighbours, sourcing donations, making donations; your work and commitment has been superb, thank you so much.
Thank you to the officers at Camden Council, in particular Phillip and Ali. We all had to learn a lot very fast, and we couldn’t have done it without your hard work.
You may also want to watch:
Our local councillors - Anna, Olly and Sian - who have supported the project from day one and continue to give their time and support: thank you.
Every individual who has contributed once, or more, over the last nine months to allow us to continue to deliver high-quality, healthy, fresh food parcels to our neighbours. Every pound and every tin of beans has made a difference. Thank you so much!
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 10 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
Our customers, who have taught us so much. We appreciate the insight into our community you have given us, and we look forward to working together to make a better community for all of us.
Naomi Russell and her brilliant team at Food Bank Aid: North London. The weekly deliveries, of goods and items that we need and can pre-order are outstanding. Thank you for all your hard work and effort to understand how best to help food banks, ours included.
The Whittington Estate TRA, who have kindly housed the foodbank since April. Mike Towers and Holly Lodge Community Centre, who have supported our work through collecting donations and supporting the work on Holly Lodge.
We would also like to thank the volunteers at The Felix Project, the International Workers Club and the local Mutual Aid groups, Peter McKenna, Dunn’s Bakery and Morrison’s.
We are on a hard road, but the work of many lightens the load for us all. Thank you to each and every person who has made our community stronger this year. Happy New Year from Highgate Newtown Community Centre, we look forward to 2021 and everything we can achieve together.
- Highgate Newtown Community Centre helps local people who may need essential support at some point in their lives.