New West Hampstead Food and Flea market relaunches after washout winter
- Credit: Archant
A weekly West Hampstead market that was hit by low footfall resulting from the wet winter weather has been relaunched to roaring success.
The newly-named West Hampstead Food and Flea market, which has taken over West Hampstead Community Sale, enjoyed a warm and sunny opening on Sunday with organisers saying it was packed “from start to finish”.
Held at the West Hampstead Forecourt in Iverson Road, dozens of stall holders sold fresh street food as well as vintage and craft items.
The original market, launched in November, only sold bric-a-brac-style goods.
Organiser Alexandra Gee, 36, of Sumatra Road, said adding food to the mix “really made the difference”. She said: “It was a brilliant success and a lot more people turned up than I expected. It was packed from start to finish.
You may also want to watch:
“The community sale market didn’t have food stalls so I think adding those helped a lot – people know more what to expect when they hear the words ‘food market’.
“And we had such great feedback afterwards – people in West Hampstead seem to love what markets offer.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
“Our high street may have changed somewhat over the past few years but we still retain a very community-minded identity here, and that really shows with things like this.
“I’m hoping the Food and Flea will become as much an established part of West Hampstead as the Farmers’ Market.”
The market will be every Sunday from noon to 4pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.