New Spurs can compete with anyone in Premier League, says Ramos
JUANDE Ramos believes that Tottenham now have the belief to compete with anyone in the Premier League. Spurs completed a treble of London wins by hammering West Ham 4-0 on Sunday in the Premier League. The Lilywhites, struggling near the bottom of the l
JUANDE Ramos believes that Tottenham now have the belief to compete with anyone in the Premier League.
Spurs completed a treble of London wins by hammering West Ham 4-0 on Sunday in the Premier League.
The Lilywhites, struggling near the bottom of the league when Ramos took over in October, have seen off capital rivals Arsenal and Chelsea in the semi-final and final of the Carling Cup.
"I am now sure that we don't feel inferior to anybody," said Ramos. "We go out on the field thinking we can win these sort of matches.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a process that goes step by step and I think the players are understanding more and more what we want from them.
"Psychology is important, just like technique, tactics, fitness and everything else. When I say to the players that we have the ability to beat anybody it's because I believe it, and that's what I see in the squad we have."
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
However, Ramos has also told the players they are on trial for the rest of the season and hinted that there are areas he would like to strengthen.