New Spurs can compete with anyone in Premier League, says Ramos
JUANDE Ramos believes that Tottenham now have the belief to compete with anyone in the Premier League. Spurs completed a treble of London wins by hammering West Ham 4-0 on Sunday in the Premier League. The Lilywhites, struggling near the bottom of the l
JUANDE Ramos believes that Tottenham now have the belief to compete with anyone in the Premier League.
Spurs completed a treble of London wins by hammering West Ham 4-0 on Sunday in the Premier League.
The Lilywhites, struggling near the bottom of the league when Ramos took over in October, have seen off capital rivals Arsenal and Chelsea in the semi-final and final of the Carling Cup.
"I am now sure that we don't feel inferior to anybody," said Ramos. "We go out on the field thinking we can win these sort of matches.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a process that goes step by step and I think the players are understanding more and more what we want from them.
"Psychology is important, just like technique, tactics, fitness and everything else. When I say to the players that we have the ability to beat anybody it's because I believe it, and that's what I see in the squad we have."
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
However, Ramos has also told the players they are on trial for the rest of the season and hinted that there are areas he would like to strengthen.