New scheme launched to clean up estates
A NEW scheme has been launched to improve the external cleaning of Camden s estates. West Hampstead, Kilburn and Swiss Cottage wards will all benefit from the trial, which aims to improve life for residents. The pilot will see Veolia, the cleaning special
A NEW scheme has been launched to improve the external cleaning of Camden's estates.
West Hampstead, Kilburn and Swiss Cottage wards will all benefit from the trial, which aims to improve life for residents.
The pilot will see Veolia, the cleaning specialists responsible for Camden's streets, expand its services to include the outside areas on estates in these areas.
The changes will allow caretakers to have a greater focus on helping people and concentrating on services such as health and safety, internal cleaning and supporting vulnerable residents.
You may also want to watch:
Housing services boss Cllr James King said: "We are conducting this pilot to assess the best way to provide a high-quality, good-value caretaking and cleaning service to Camden's tenants and leaseholders.
"We will carry out a satisfaction survey to seek resident feedback on the quality of the new service, and this will be critical in determining whether to roll it out across the borough."
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 6 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 7 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 8 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 9 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 10 'Cycling is the future – and we must pay instructors fairly'
The pilot is expected to run for 12 months. A review will be carried out after six months and a satisfaction survey done to measure effectiveness.