New scheme launched to clean up estates
A NEW scheme has been launched to improve the external cleaning of Camden s estates. West Hampstead, Kilburn and Swiss Cottage wards will all benefit from the trial, which aims to improve life for residents. The pilot will see Veolia, the cleaning special
A NEW scheme has been launched to improve the external cleaning of Camden's estates.
West Hampstead, Kilburn and Swiss Cottage wards will all benefit from the trial, which aims to improve life for residents.
The pilot will see Veolia, the cleaning specialists responsible for Camden's streets, expand its services to include the outside areas on estates in these areas.
The changes will allow caretakers to have a greater focus on helping people and concentrating on services such as health and safety, internal cleaning and supporting vulnerable residents.
You may also want to watch:
Housing services boss Cllr James King said: "We are conducting this pilot to assess the best way to provide a high-quality, good-value caretaking and cleaning service to Camden's tenants and leaseholders.
"We will carry out a satisfaction survey to seek resident feedback on the quality of the new service, and this will be critical in determining whether to roll it out across the borough."
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
The pilot is expected to run for 12 months. A review will be carried out after six months and a satisfaction survey done to measure effectiveness.