New scheme launched to clean up estates
A NEW scheme has been launched to improve the external cleaning of Camden s estates. West Hampstead, Kilburn and Swiss Cottage wards will all benefit from the trial, which aims to improve life for residents. The pilot will see Veolia, the cleaning special
A NEW scheme has been launched to improve the external cleaning of Camden's estates.
West Hampstead, Kilburn and Swiss Cottage wards will all benefit from the trial, which aims to improve life for residents.
The pilot will see Veolia, the cleaning specialists responsible for Camden's streets, expand its services to include the outside areas on estates in these areas.
The changes will allow caretakers to have a greater focus on helping people and concentrating on services such as health and safety, internal cleaning and supporting vulnerable residents.
You may also want to watch:
Housing services boss Cllr James King said: "We are conducting this pilot to assess the best way to provide a high-quality, good-value caretaking and cleaning service to Camden's tenants and leaseholders.
"We will carry out a satisfaction survey to seek resident feedback on the quality of the new service, and this will be critical in determining whether to roll it out across the borough."
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
The pilot is expected to run for 12 months. A review will be carried out after six months and a satisfaction survey done to measure effectiveness.