Muswell Hill named as ‘healthiest high street’ in London
- Credit: Philafrenzy/Wikimedia Commons
Muswell Hill has been named as having London’s “healthiest high street”, according to research by the Royal Society for Public Health.
In a report published today, the charity said the Broadway has the best impact on the public’s health and wellbeing.
The Health on the High Street rankings are based on the number of different types of businesses found on, or around the high streets.
The difference in life expectancy between the Muswell Hill, and the lowest ranked high street, in Tottenham Green, is four and a half years.
Also featuring highly is St John’s Wood, Hampstead, and Temple Fortune which are all in the top 10.
You may also want to watch:
Shirley Cramer, chief executive, Royal Society for Public Health, said: “While the face of the British high street continues to change, the environmental and economic factors that influence inequalities in health outcomes across the country remain stubbornly intractable. Our rankings show how unhealthy businesses concentrate in areas which already experience higher levels of deprivation, obesity and lower life expectancy. Reshaping these high streets to be more health-promoting could serve as a tool to help redress this imbalance.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath