New Rabbi for Muswell Hill
A NEW Rabbi has been appointed to lead the Muswell Hill Synagogue in time for the Jewish New Year. Rabbi David Mason will be taking over as at Muswell Hill Synagogue in Tetherdown at the beginning of September following the departure of the popular previo
A NEW Rabbi has been appointed to lead the Muswell Hill Synagogue in time for the Jewish New Year.
Rabbi David Mason will be taking over as at Muswell Hill Synagogue in Tetherdown at the beginning of September following the departure of the popular previous incumbent, David Lister.
The Jewish New Year is celebrated on the first and second days of the Jewish month of Tishri (in September/October). It is a time when Jews gather in the Synagogue and review the previous year, look at their lives and offer repentance for past sins.
Rabbi Mason, his wife Elisheva and their three young children have moved from his previous Rabbi position in Kingston, Surrey.
He said: "We recently had our third child, so both Elisheva and I have an exciting new challenge to look forward to. Muswell Hill appears to be a very attractive area to be moving into and we are sure we will be very happy here".
Mr Mason, 35, who is from Edinburgh, attended the London School of Economics where he got a first degree and then a Masters in Econometrics. He studied for the Rabbinate in Israel for seven years before joining the Synagogue in Kingston. He has also found the time to train in Crisis Counselling and in basic Systemic Therapy.
- 1 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 2 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 3 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 4 Five bedroom Arts and Crafts style house with landscaped garden in Muswell Hill/East Finchley borders
- 5 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 6 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 7 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 8 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 9 Camden councillors set to give themselves a pay rise
- 10 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
He met Elisheva, who is Polish, in Israel through his work with Eastern European Jews. They are both looking forward to starting the new ministry and meeting their congregants in Muswell Hill.
Anthony Sober, chairman of the synagogue, said "We are a thriving community, including many young couples with young children, and I have no doubt that Rabbi Mason will quickly establish himself, and lead us with great enthusiasm, skill and success.