New Rabbi for Muswell Hill
A NEW Rabbi has been appointed to lead the Muswell Hill Synagogue in time for the Jewish New Year. Rabbi David Mason will be taking over as at Muswell Hill Synagogue in Tetherdown at the beginning of September following the departure of the popular previo
A NEW Rabbi has been appointed to lead the Muswell Hill Synagogue in time for the Jewish New Year.
Rabbi David Mason will be taking over as at Muswell Hill Synagogue in Tetherdown at the beginning of September following the departure of the popular previous incumbent, David Lister.
The Jewish New Year is celebrated on the first and second days of the Jewish month of Tishri (in September/October). It is a time when Jews gather in the Synagogue and review the previous year, look at their lives and offer repentance for past sins.
Rabbi Mason, his wife Elisheva and their three young children have moved from his previous Rabbi position in Kingston, Surrey.
He said: "We recently had our third child, so both Elisheva and I have an exciting new challenge to look forward to. Muswell Hill appears to be a very attractive area to be moving into and we are sure we will be very happy here".
Mr Mason, 35, who is from Edinburgh, attended the London School of Economics where he got a first degree and then a Masters in Econometrics. He studied for the Rabbinate in Israel for seven years before joining the Synagogue in Kingston. He has also found the time to train in Crisis Counselling and in basic Systemic Therapy.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 3 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 4 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 5 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 6 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 7 Man arrested after car overturns on Camden Road
- 8 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 9 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: 'An astonishing choral display'
He met Elisheva, who is Polish, in Israel through his work with Eastern European Jews. They are both looking forward to starting the new ministry and meeting their congregants in Muswell Hill.
Anthony Sober, chairman of the synagogue, said "We are a thriving community, including many young couples with young children, and I have no doubt that Rabbi Mason will quickly establish himself, and lead us with great enthusiasm, skill and success.