New Rabbi for Muswell Hill
A NEW Rabbi has been appointed to lead the Muswell Hill Synagogue in time for the Jewish New Year. Rabbi David Mason will be taking over as at Muswell Hill Synagogue in Tetherdown at the beginning of September following the departure of the popular previo
A NEW Rabbi has been appointed to lead the Muswell Hill Synagogue in time for the Jewish New Year.
Rabbi David Mason will be taking over as at Muswell Hill Synagogue in Tetherdown at the beginning of September following the departure of the popular previous incumbent, David Lister.
The Jewish New Year is celebrated on the first and second days of the Jewish month of Tishri (in September/October). It is a time when Jews gather in the Synagogue and review the previous year, look at their lives and offer repentance for past sins.
Rabbi Mason, his wife Elisheva and their three young children have moved from his previous Rabbi position in Kingston, Surrey.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We recently had our third child, so both Elisheva and I have an exciting new challenge to look forward to. Muswell Hill appears to be a very attractive area to be moving into and we are sure we will be very happy here".
Mr Mason, 35, who is from Edinburgh, attended the London School of Economics where he got a first degree and then a Masters in Econometrics. He studied for the Rabbinate in Israel for seven years before joining the Synagogue in Kingston. He has also found the time to train in Crisis Counselling and in basic Systemic Therapy.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Good Karma: Charity shop opens in former Gap in Hampstead High Street
He met Elisheva, who is Polish, in Israel through his work with Eastern European Jews. They are both looking forward to starting the new ministry and meeting their congregants in Muswell Hill.
Anthony Sober, chairman of the synagogue, said "We are a thriving community, including many young couples with young children, and I have no doubt that Rabbi Mason will quickly establish himself, and lead us with great enthusiasm, skill and success.