New interim head appointed to lead William Ellis
Charlotte Newton A CAMDEN school has appointed an interim headteacher after the shock resignation of its former head. Jill Hislop, who was formerly the headteacher of Woodhouse Business and Enterprise College in Tamworth, Staffordshire has been chosen as
A CAMDEN school has appointed an interim headteacher after the shock resignation of its former head.
Jill Hislop, who was formerly the headteacher of Woodhouse Business and Enterprise College in Tamworth, Staffordshire has been chosen as the interim headteacher of William Ellis School.
She has been appointed to lead the school for a year after Robbie Cathcart stepped down at the end of the summer term without a full explanation from the governors.
Fiona Millar, chairwoman of governors at William Ellis, said in a statement released by Camden Council today: "I am confident we now have a strengthened leadership team in place for September and that the new term will get off to a smooth start for all pupils, parents and staff. We are very pleased with our improved GCSE results and Jill has already met all staff to talk through our plans for the next 12 months and how we build on the improvements that have been made in the last two years."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hislop helped take two schools out of special measures - including her previous secondary which is now due to open as an academy in September. She has worked as a teacher for 33 years and has spent the last 16 of those in senior leadership roles. She has also worked as a consultant for two local authorities.
Camden's school's boss, councillor Heather Johnson, said: "I am delighted to be welcoming Jill aboard. She has an impressive track record and I am positive she will do a great job leading William Ellis into a very bright future."
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
For this story and more local news see tomorrow's Ham&High.