New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- Credit: Ritu/Antonio Frigeni
A new Indian restaurant is coming to St John’s Wood – “without a chicken tikka masala in sight”.
Ritu will take over from the former Yasmeen Kitchen in Blenheim Terrace, with its opening lined up for July.
Its cuisine will be based around the six Indian seasons, including dishes of lotus stem chaat, Naga chicken skewers and Mumbai bread rolls. Curries such as Dhunar murgh and kacchi mirchi ka gosht will be on the menu.
Ritu founder Anubhav Srivastava, who has two award-winning restaurants in Chennai, said: “Ritu is a project that has been in my mind for a very long time.
“With the hospitality industry about to burst back to life and the availability of this beautiful venue in St John’s Wood, now is the perfect time to turn this dream into a reality.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t wait to welcome guests into Ritu and share with them our incredible cuisine.”
The new business says its food “will be of exceptionally high quality, with presentation to rival all high-end London restaurants”.
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 3 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 6 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 My view: Hampstead could change a lot in the coming years, for the better
- 9 Farrell hailed as Saracens storm to 60-0 play-off win at Ealing
- 10 Shakespeare comedy and children's shows at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre