New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- Credit: Ritu/Antonio Frigeni
A new Indian restaurant is coming to St John’s Wood – “without a chicken tikka masala in sight”.
Ritu will take over from the former Yasmeen Kitchen in Blenheim Terrace, with its opening lined up for July.
Its cuisine will be based around the six Indian seasons, including dishes of lotus stem chaat, Naga chicken skewers and Mumbai bread rolls. Curries such as Dhunar murgh and kacchi mirchi ka gosht will be on the menu.
Ritu founder Anubhav Srivastava, who has two award-winning restaurants in Chennai, said: “Ritu is a project that has been in my mind for a very long time.
“With the hospitality industry about to burst back to life and the availability of this beautiful venue in St John’s Wood, now is the perfect time to turn this dream into a reality.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t wait to welcome guests into Ritu and share with them our incredible cuisine.”
The new business says its food “will be of exceptionally high quality, with presentation to rival all high-end London restaurants”.
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses