New football team launches in West Hampstead to bring people together
- Credit: Archant
Footballers looking for a kick-about in West Hampstead are invited to join a new club which launches this month.
Men and women of all abilities are welcome at the West Hampstead Football Club, which will informally kick off on Sunday May 15.
The Fortune Green Play Centre has teamed up with West Hampstead Labour councillor Phil Rosenberg to start the club, which will meet for weekly 6-a-side games, charging £4.50 per session.
Organisers say they want the club to have an inclusive feel, with an emphasis on keeping fit and meeting new people.
Cllr Phil Rosenberg said, “West Hampstead has a fantastic local community spirit. I hope this will only add to that. It’s just for fun and we’re not expecting Champions League titles any time soon, but I hope it will bring people together, for fitness and fun. I hope people will come and give it a go!”
You may also want to watch:
The new initiative already has its own Facebook and Twitter pages, and organisers hope that it will become a regular fixture on the local scene.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 9 Letters: The floods!
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home