New football team launches in West Hampstead to bring people together
- Credit: Archant
Footballers looking for a kick-about in West Hampstead are invited to join a new club which launches this month.
Men and women of all abilities are welcome at the West Hampstead Football Club, which will informally kick off on Sunday May 15.
The Fortune Green Play Centre has teamed up with West Hampstead Labour councillor Phil Rosenberg to start the club, which will meet for weekly 6-a-side games, charging £4.50 per session.
Organisers say they want the club to have an inclusive feel, with an emphasis on keeping fit and meeting new people.
Cllr Phil Rosenberg said, “West Hampstead has a fantastic local community spirit. I hope this will only add to that. It’s just for fun and we’re not expecting Champions League titles any time soon, but I hope it will bring people together, for fitness and fun. I hope people will come and give it a go!”
You may also want to watch:
The new initiative already has its own Facebook and Twitter pages, and organisers hope that it will become a regular fixture on the local scene.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'