New football team launches in West Hampstead to bring people together
- Credit: Archant
Footballers looking for a kick-about in West Hampstead are invited to join a new club which launches this month.
Men and women of all abilities are welcome at the West Hampstead Football Club, which will informally kick off on Sunday May 15.
The Fortune Green Play Centre has teamed up with West Hampstead Labour councillor Phil Rosenberg to start the club, which will meet for weekly 6-a-side games, charging £4.50 per session.
Organisers say they want the club to have an inclusive feel, with an emphasis on keeping fit and meeting new people.
Cllr Phil Rosenberg said, “West Hampstead has a fantastic local community spirit. I hope this will only add to that. It’s just for fun and we’re not expecting Champions League titles any time soon, but I hope it will bring people together, for fitness and fun. I hope people will come and give it a go!”
You may also want to watch:
The new initiative already has its own Facebook and Twitter pages, and organisers hope that it will become a regular fixture on the local scene.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station