New football team launches in West Hampstead to bring people together
- Credit: Archant
Footballers looking for a kick-about in West Hampstead are invited to join a new club which launches this month.
Men and women of all abilities are welcome at the West Hampstead Football Club, which will informally kick off on Sunday May 15.
The Fortune Green Play Centre has teamed up with West Hampstead Labour councillor Phil Rosenberg to start the club, which will meet for weekly 6-a-side games, charging £4.50 per session.
Organisers say they want the club to have an inclusive feel, with an emphasis on keeping fit and meeting new people.
Cllr Phil Rosenberg said, “West Hampstead has a fantastic local community spirit. I hope this will only add to that. It’s just for fun and we’re not expecting Champions League titles any time soon, but I hope it will bring people together, for fitness and fun. I hope people will come and give it a go!”
You may also want to watch:
The new initiative already has its own Facebook and Twitter pages, and organisers hope that it will become a regular fixture on the local scene.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close