New evening food market is ‘West Hampstead’s answer to the ready meal’
- Credit: Archant
A new evening food market that aims to lure commuters away from their ready meals has been launched in West Hampstead.
The daily market, running Monday to Friday (3pm to 8pm), is located at the West Hampstead Forecourt in Iverson Road at the crossroads of three rail transport links - dubbed “commuter land”.
Homemade burgers, crepes, Falafels, curries, Caribbean cuisine and freshly baked bread are all on offer, with stalls trying to get people to switch their microwave meals for freshly cooked food.
Organiser Alexandra Gee, 36, of Sumatra Road, said: “This is West Hampstead’s answer to the ready meal.
“We’re trying to entice all the commuters who use West Hampstead to get between work and home, as well as the local residents.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be a maximum of 10 stalls all selling different cuisines so it will cater for many different tastes.”
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath