New eco commitments get enthusiastic support from Camden's executive
Last month March Camden Council s full Executive spent nearly 40 minutes discussing the excellent report - which I m proud to have contributed to writing and presenting - for and from the Sustainability Task Force on Transport issues. The vast majority of
Last month March Camden Council's full Executive spent nearly 40 minutes discussing the excellent report - which I'm proud to have contributed to writing and presenting - for and from the Sustainability Task Force on Transport issues.
The vast majority of this all-party report's recommendations were endorsed by officers and adopted on the night by the Executive.
The imaginative new Fitzjohns Blue Skies proposal was a part of this substantial report.
Recommendations included an increased real commitment to cycling in the borough, following Paris's pioneering experience, the exploration of setting up a dedicated local Camden Carbon Offset Fund, objection to the Heathrow's third runway, a boost to pedestrian considerations and a determination to switch Camden's residents behaviour away from using cars.
You may also want to watch:
In harmony with the Ham& High's concern for sustainable issues, it was really heartening to see such enthusiasm expressed at Camden's highest level by officers and Executive alike to these new commitments.
The Sustainability Task Force is breaking new ground. Our next report is into Food, Water and Biodiversity.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 9 Letters: The floods!
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
Lib Dem Councillor
Cantelowes ward and
Camden's Cycling Champion