New eco commitments get enthusiastic support from Camden's executive
Last month March Camden Council s full Executive spent nearly 40 minutes discussing the excellent report - which I m proud to have contributed to writing and presenting - for and from the Sustainability Task Force on Transport issues. The vast majority of
Last month March Camden Council's full Executive spent nearly 40 minutes discussing the excellent report - which I'm proud to have contributed to writing and presenting - for and from the Sustainability Task Force on Transport issues.
The vast majority of this all-party report's recommendations were endorsed by officers and adopted on the night by the Executive.
The imaginative new Fitzjohns Blue Skies proposal was a part of this substantial report.
Recommendations included an increased real commitment to cycling in the borough, following Paris's pioneering experience, the exploration of setting up a dedicated local Camden Carbon Offset Fund, objection to the Heathrow's third runway, a boost to pedestrian considerations and a determination to switch Camden's residents behaviour away from using cars.
You may also want to watch:
In harmony with the Ham& High's concern for sustainable issues, it was really heartening to see such enthusiasm expressed at Camden's highest level by officers and Executive alike to these new commitments.
The Sustainability Task Force is breaking new ground. Our next report is into Food, Water and Biodiversity.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 10 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
Lib Dem Councillor
Cantelowes ward and
Camden's Cycling Champion