New eco commitments get enthusiastic support from Camden's executive
Last month March Camden Council s full Executive spent nearly 40 minutes discussing the excellent report - which I m proud to have contributed to writing and presenting - for and from the Sustainability Task Force on Transport issues. The vast majority of
Last month March Camden Council's full Executive spent nearly 40 minutes discussing the excellent report - which I'm proud to have contributed to writing and presenting - for and from the Sustainability Task Force on Transport issues.
The vast majority of this all-party report's recommendations were endorsed by officers and adopted on the night by the Executive.
The imaginative new Fitzjohns Blue Skies proposal was a part of this substantial report.
Recommendations included an increased real commitment to cycling in the borough, following Paris's pioneering experience, the exploration of setting up a dedicated local Camden Carbon Offset Fund, objection to the Heathrow's third runway, a boost to pedestrian considerations and a determination to switch Camden's residents behaviour away from using cars.
You may also want to watch:
In harmony with the Ham& High's concern for sustainable issues, it was really heartening to see such enthusiasm expressed at Camden's highest level by officers and Executive alike to these new commitments.
The Sustainability Task Force is breaking new ground. Our next report is into Food, Water and Biodiversity.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
Lib Dem Councillor
Cantelowes ward and
Camden's Cycling Champion