New eco commitments get enthusiastic support from Camden's executive
Last month March Camden Council s full Executive spent nearly 40 minutes discussing the excellent report - which I m proud to have contributed to writing and presenting - for and from the Sustainability Task Force on Transport issues. The vast majority of
Last month March Camden Council's full Executive spent nearly 40 minutes discussing the excellent report - which I'm proud to have contributed to writing and presenting - for and from the Sustainability Task Force on Transport issues.
The vast majority of this all-party report's recommendations were endorsed by officers and adopted on the night by the Executive.
The imaginative new Fitzjohns Blue Skies proposal was a part of this substantial report.
Recommendations included an increased real commitment to cycling in the borough, following Paris's pioneering experience, the exploration of setting up a dedicated local Camden Carbon Offset Fund, objection to the Heathrow's third runway, a boost to pedestrian considerations and a determination to switch Camden's residents behaviour away from using cars.
In harmony with the Ham& High's concern for sustainable issues, it was really heartening to see such enthusiasm expressed at Camden's highest level by officers and Executive alike to these new commitments.
The Sustainability Task Force is breaking new ground. Our next report is into Food, Water and Biodiversity.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 4 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 5 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 6 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 9 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 10 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
Lib Dem Councillor
Cantelowes ward and
Camden's Cycling Champion