New diving board makes a splash with Hampstead Heath swimmers
- Credit: Archant
A new diving board on Hampstead Heath is already a hit with swimmers, and there’s hope it may encourage others to take the plunge.
The new board on Men’s Pond replaces the old one which had broken in June after years of use. The new 16-foot board will cost £10,000.
Neil McNeil, 54 from West Hampstead is a regular user of the pool and its board. He was among the first to try it on Saturday September 30.
“It’s great to see they’ve brought in a brand new board. It’s a beautiful spot, nice to go swimming and diving in when you’re surrounded by ducks, kingfishers and other wildlife.
“It was a bit springy at first which resulted in some embarrassing efforts, but once you got used to it it’s fine.”
You may also want to watch:
A City of London Corporation spokesman said: “We understand it has been a frustrating time for users of the Men’s Pond and we’re glad to have restored it.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street