New chief executive announced for the Royal Free
THE ROYAL Free Hospital has appointed David Sloman as its new chief executive. Mr Sloman, who currently holds the equivalent position at the Whittington Hospital, is due to take up the position in September – filling the role vacated by outgoing boss And
THE ROYAL Free Hospital has appointed David Sloman as its new chief executive.
Mr Sloman, who currently holds the equivalent position at the Whittington Hospital, is due to take up the position in September - filling the role vacated by outgoing boss Andrew Way.
He said: "I am delighted to be joining the Royal Free and look forward to taking up my post as chief executive in September.
"It is a privilege to be given the opportunity to lead the hospital through the next stages of its development. The Royal Free has a deserved reputation for providing excellent services and is held in high regard by its staff and patients alike.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a strong track record of high achievement to build on and we can move forward with confidence and strength. I look forward to meeting the staff, getting to know the services, and becoming part of a high performing hospital and team."
Mr Sloman has been at the helm of the Whittington for the past five years and before that he was chief executive of Haringey Primary Care Trust, having served two years as chief executive of the Marylebone Primary Care Group.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
Royal Free chairman Dominic Dodd said: "We are very pleased that David has agreed to join the Royal Free. In addition to 10 years' experience at chief executive level, he has a deep knowledge and commitment to the NHS in north London and will be a strong voice for the hospital.