New chief executive announced for the Royal Free
THE ROYAL Free Hospital has appointed David Sloman as its new chief executive. Mr Sloman, who currently holds the equivalent position at the Whittington Hospital, is due to take up the position in September – filling the role vacated by outgoing boss And
THE ROYAL Free Hospital has appointed David Sloman as its new chief executive.
Mr Sloman, who currently holds the equivalent position at the Whittington Hospital, is due to take up the position in September - filling the role vacated by outgoing boss Andrew Way.
He said: "I am delighted to be joining the Royal Free and look forward to taking up my post as chief executive in September.
"It is a privilege to be given the opportunity to lead the hospital through the next stages of its development. The Royal Free has a deserved reputation for providing excellent services and is held in high regard by its staff and patients alike.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a strong track record of high achievement to build on and we can move forward with confidence and strength. I look forward to meeting the staff, getting to know the services, and becoming part of a high performing hospital and team."
Mr Sloman has been at the helm of the Whittington for the past five years and before that he was chief executive of Haringey Primary Care Trust, having served two years as chief executive of the Marylebone Primary Care Group.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Blind swimmer behind legal challenge fights 'exclusion' of disabled
Royal Free chairman Dominic Dodd said: "We are very pleased that David has agreed to join the Royal Free. In addition to 10 years' experience at chief executive level, he has a deep knowledge and commitment to the NHS in north London and will be a strong voice for the hospital.