New chief executive announced for the Royal Free
THE ROYAL Free Hospital has appointed David Sloman as its new chief executive. Mr Sloman, who currently holds the equivalent position at the Whittington Hospital, is due to take up the position in September – filling the role vacated by outgoing boss And
THE ROYAL Free Hospital has appointed David Sloman as its new chief executive.
Mr Sloman, who currently holds the equivalent position at the Whittington Hospital, is due to take up the position in September - filling the role vacated by outgoing boss Andrew Way.
He said: "I am delighted to be joining the Royal Free and look forward to taking up my post as chief executive in September.
"It is a privilege to be given the opportunity to lead the hospital through the next stages of its development. The Royal Free has a deserved reputation for providing excellent services and is held in high regard by its staff and patients alike.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a strong track record of high achievement to build on and we can move forward with confidence and strength. I look forward to meeting the staff, getting to know the services, and becoming part of a high performing hospital and team."
Mr Sloman has been at the helm of the Whittington for the past five years and before that he was chief executive of Haringey Primary Care Trust, having served two years as chief executive of the Marylebone Primary Care Group.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 4 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 8 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 9 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 10 'Inhuman to use 'pushback' against people in the English Channel'
Royal Free chairman Dominic Dodd said: "We are very pleased that David has agreed to join the Royal Free. In addition to 10 years' experience at chief executive level, he has a deep knowledge and commitment to the NHS in north London and will be a strong voice for the hospital.