New buses for Crouch End launch next week
- Credit: Archant
From Monday February 1, two additional W3 buses will run following mounting public pressure
Transport for London will introduce two additional buses from Northumberland Park to Finsbury Park station, running from 7-8am on weekdays.
TFL say that instead of a bus every four to five minutes (13 buses per hour), there will be a bus every four minutes (15 buses per hour) towards Finsbury Park, including along Ferme Park Road.
“We will continue to monitor the capacity and reliability of the route following the introduction of the new timetable,” said John Barry, TFL’s head of Network.
TFL’s announcement follows a petition from Crouch End residents to improve the service.
You may also want to watch:
The petition, with 221 signatures, make an urgent plea for more buses.
Maryna Grenfell, who started the petition, says it currently takes 20-30 minutes to be able to get on the W3 bus as buses often arrive with no space for more passengers.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 10 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- To sign the petition visit: change.org/p/transport-for-london-more-w3-buses-from-alexandra-palace-to-finsbury-park?recruiter=444008842&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email