New buses for Crouch End launch next week
- Credit: Archant
From Monday February 1, two additional W3 buses will run following mounting public pressure
Transport for London will introduce two additional buses from Northumberland Park to Finsbury Park station, running from 7-8am on weekdays.
TFL say that instead of a bus every four to five minutes (13 buses per hour), there will be a bus every four minutes (15 buses per hour) towards Finsbury Park, including along Ferme Park Road.
“We will continue to monitor the capacity and reliability of the route following the introduction of the new timetable,” said John Barry, TFL’s head of Network.
TFL’s announcement follows a petition from Crouch End residents to improve the service.
You may also want to watch:
The petition, with 221 signatures, make an urgent plea for more buses.
Maryna Grenfell, who started the petition, says it currently takes 20-30 minutes to be able to get on the W3 bus as buses often arrive with no space for more passengers.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- To sign the petition visit: change.org/p/transport-for-london-more-w3-buses-from-alexandra-palace-to-finsbury-park?recruiter=444008842&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email