New buses for Crouch End launch next week
- Credit: Archant
From Monday February 1, two additional W3 buses will run following mounting public pressure
Transport for London will introduce two additional buses from Northumberland Park to Finsbury Park station, running from 7-8am on weekdays.
TFL say that instead of a bus every four to five minutes (13 buses per hour), there will be a bus every four minutes (15 buses per hour) towards Finsbury Park, including along Ferme Park Road.
“We will continue to monitor the capacity and reliability of the route following the introduction of the new timetable,” said John Barry, TFL’s head of Network.
TFL’s announcement follows a petition from Crouch End residents to improve the service.
You may also want to watch:
The petition, with 221 signatures, make an urgent plea for more buses.
Maryna Grenfell, who started the petition, says it currently takes 20-30 minutes to be able to get on the W3 bus as buses often arrive with no space for more passengers.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 5 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- To sign the petition visit: change.org/p/transport-for-london-more-w3-buses-from-alexandra-palace-to-finsbury-park?recruiter=444008842&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email