New buses for Crouch End launch next week
- Credit: Archant
From Monday February 1, two additional W3 buses will run following mounting public pressure
Transport for London will introduce two additional buses from Northumberland Park to Finsbury Park station, running from 7-8am on weekdays.
TFL say that instead of a bus every four to five minutes (13 buses per hour), there will be a bus every four minutes (15 buses per hour) towards Finsbury Park, including along Ferme Park Road.
“We will continue to monitor the capacity and reliability of the route following the introduction of the new timetable,” said John Barry, TFL’s head of Network.
TFL’s announcement follows a petition from Crouch End residents to improve the service.
The petition, with 221 signatures, make an urgent plea for more buses.
Maryna Grenfell, who started the petition, says it currently takes 20-30 minutes to be able to get on the W3 bus as buses often arrive with no space for more passengers.
- 1 Olivia Newton-John: From West Hampstead to worldwide fame
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Camden, Barnet, Haringey and Islington
- 3 Under-fire King William IV supporters rally behind pub with petition
- 4 Last unit in Belsize Villagee snapped up by wine outlet
- 5 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
- 6 'No one hurt' as branch crashes to ground at Hampstead Heath
- 7 Cement lorry leaks 'concrete puddle' onto Highgate road
- 8 Camden's first 'parklet' installed in Belsize Park
- 9 Crouch End baker awarded Badge of the Order of Mercy for his charity work
- 10 Truth and distortions in history explored in artworks
- To sign the petition visit: change.org/p/transport-for-london-more-w3-buses-from-alexandra-palace-to-finsbury-park?recruiter=444008842&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email