Complaints after huge flat party in Belsize Park sees police called on repeated nights
- Credit: Bernhard Raschke
Police were called to Belsize Park on Sunday night after neighbours reported “up to 100” young people shouting and fighting at a party in a rented property in Lyndhurst Gardens.
Scotland Yard officers engaged with those at the party, with witnesses describing it as a “stand-off”.
Neighbours Bernhard and Anke Raschke were among those disturbed by antisocial behaviour and called the police.
Bernhard said: “Throughout the evening young people kept arriving by car or motorbike.
“It was very loud and continued into the early hours. We went out for dinner and came back and everything was still going.”
You may also want to watch:
Roger Montgomery, who runs the area’s neighbourhood watch, said it was a shocking event.
Police said officers gave advice to those present, but no arrests were made.
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 5 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 6 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 7 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 8 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 9 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
Neighbours said a large amount of litter and broken glass was left in the road, and up towards Belsize Crescent, after the party.