Complaints after huge flat party in Belsize Park sees police called on repeated nights
- Credit: Bernhard Raschke
Police were called to Belsize Park on Sunday night after neighbours reported “up to 100” young people shouting and fighting at a party in a rented property in Lyndhurst Gardens.
Scotland Yard officers engaged with those at the party, with witnesses describing it as a “stand-off”.
Neighbours Bernhard and Anke Raschke were among those disturbed by antisocial behaviour and called the police.
Bernhard said: “Throughout the evening young people kept arriving by car or motorbike.
“It was very loud and continued into the early hours. We went out for dinner and came back and everything was still going.”
You may also want to watch:
Roger Montgomery, who runs the area’s neighbourhood watch, said it was a shocking event.
Police said officers gave advice to those present, but no arrests were made.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
Neighbours said a large amount of litter and broken glass was left in the road, and up towards Belsize Crescent, after the party.