Complaints after huge flat party in Belsize Park sees police called on repeated nights
- Credit: Bernhard Raschke
Police were called to Belsize Park on Sunday night after neighbours reported “up to 100” young people shouting and fighting at a party in a rented property in Lyndhurst Gardens.
Scotland Yard officers engaged with those at the party, with witnesses describing it as a “stand-off”.
Neighbours Bernhard and Anke Raschke were among those disturbed by antisocial behaviour and called the police.
Bernhard said: “Throughout the evening young people kept arriving by car or motorbike.
“It was very loud and continued into the early hours. We went out for dinner and came back and everything was still going.”
You may also want to watch:
Roger Montgomery, who runs the area’s neighbourhood watch, said it was a shocking event.
Police said officers gave advice to those present, but no arrests were made.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
Neighbours said a large amount of litter and broken glass was left in the road, and up towards Belsize Crescent, after the party.