Neighbour jailed over noisy sex
A JEALOUS neighbour, who launched a frenzied knife attack on a Highgate student because he kept him awake by having noisy sex with his reality TV star girlfriend, has been jailed for five years. Daniel Graham, 25, stabbed David Obanobi, of Milton Avenue,
A JEALOUS neighbour, who launched a frenzied knife attack on a Highgate student because he kept him awake by having noisy sex with his reality TV star girlfriend, has been jailed for five years.
Daniel Graham, 25, stabbed David Obanobi, of Milton Avenue, at least five times after confronting him outside his flat on the afternoon of June 17 last year.
Graham resented the 23-year-old because he was going out with model Jasmia Robinson, 22, who had rejected Graham's advances six months before.
Last week Graham was convicted of wounding with intent at the Old Bailey and jailed for five years.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Gerald Gordon sentenced Graham on the basis that he did not know who had brought the knife to the scene.
But he added: "However you obtained the knife, you then used it unlawfully to stab him at least five times, intending thereby to cause him really serious harm.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 7 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 8 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
"By the time he was taken to hospital, his condition was critical, one of the wounds having damaged his liver.
"Mercifully, he made a rapid physical recovery after surgery.
"Whatever the factual basis, it remains that this was a very serious stabbing at a time when there was no conceivable justification for it."
Trouble flared at the end of 2007, when Graham tried to persuade Miss Robinson, a former contestant on Britain's Next Top Model, to have sex with him on a sofa in his flat.
Then on June 17, Graham buzzed up to the flat in Milton Ave, Highgate, where the victim lived with his mum Gillian Paton, and demanded to speak to him.
A scuffle soon broke out during which Graham stabbed Mr Obanobi.