Neighbour jailed over noisy sex
A JEALOUS neighbour, who launched a frenzied knife attack on a Highgate student because he kept him awake by having noisy sex with his reality TV star girlfriend, has been jailed for five years. Daniel Graham, 25, stabbed David Obanobi, of Milton Avenue,
A JEALOUS neighbour, who launched a frenzied knife attack on a Highgate student because he kept him awake by having noisy sex with his reality TV star girlfriend, has been jailed for five years.
Daniel Graham, 25, stabbed David Obanobi, of Milton Avenue, at least five times after confronting him outside his flat on the afternoon of June 17 last year.
Graham resented the 23-year-old because he was going out with model Jasmia Robinson, 22, who had rejected Graham's advances six months before.
Last week Graham was convicted of wounding with intent at the Old Bailey and jailed for five years.
Judge Gerald Gordon sentenced Graham on the basis that he did not know who had brought the knife to the scene.
But he added: "However you obtained the knife, you then used it unlawfully to stab him at least five times, intending thereby to cause him really serious harm.
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 3 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 5 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 6 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 7 Father's fear autistic son will 'dive through' window of unsafe West Hampstead home
- 8 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 9 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 10 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
"By the time he was taken to hospital, his condition was critical, one of the wounds having damaged his liver.
"Mercifully, he made a rapid physical recovery after surgery.
"Whatever the factual basis, it remains that this was a very serious stabbing at a time when there was no conceivable justification for it."
Trouble flared at the end of 2007, when Graham tried to persuade Miss Robinson, a former contestant on Britain's Next Top Model, to have sex with him on a sofa in his flat.
Then on June 17, Graham buzzed up to the flat in Milton Ave, Highgate, where the victim lived with his mum Gillian Paton, and demanded to speak to him.
A scuffle soon broke out during which Graham stabbed Mr Obanobi.