Neighbour jailed over noisy sex
A JEALOUS neighbour, who launched a frenzied knife attack on a Highgate student because he kept him awake by having noisy sex with his reality TV star girlfriend, has been jailed for five years. Daniel Graham, 25, stabbed David Obanobi, of Milton Avenue,
A JEALOUS neighbour, who launched a frenzied knife attack on a Highgate student because he kept him awake by having noisy sex with his reality TV star girlfriend, has been jailed for five years.
Daniel Graham, 25, stabbed David Obanobi, of Milton Avenue, at least five times after confronting him outside his flat on the afternoon of June 17 last year.
Graham resented the 23-year-old because he was going out with model Jasmia Robinson, 22, who had rejected Graham's advances six months before.
Last week Graham was convicted of wounding with intent at the Old Bailey and jailed for five years.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Gerald Gordon sentenced Graham on the basis that he did not know who had brought the knife to the scene.
But he added: "However you obtained the knife, you then used it unlawfully to stab him at least five times, intending thereby to cause him really serious harm.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
"By the time he was taken to hospital, his condition was critical, one of the wounds having damaged his liver.
"Mercifully, he made a rapid physical recovery after surgery.
"Whatever the factual basis, it remains that this was a very serious stabbing at a time when there was no conceivable justification for it."
Trouble flared at the end of 2007, when Graham tried to persuade Miss Robinson, a former contestant on Britain's Next Top Model, to have sex with him on a sofa in his flat.
Then on June 17, Graham buzzed up to the flat in Milton Ave, Highgate, where the victim lived with his mum Gillian Paton, and demanded to speak to him.
A scuffle soon broke out during which Graham stabbed Mr Obanobi.