Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe supporter calls for jailed West Hampstead mum’s release
- Credit: Archant
An open letter to His Excellency Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Khamenei from supporter of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, Jessica Learmond-Criqui.
The Supreme Leader
The Islamic Republic of Iran
I am reaching out to you again with great respect and appealing to you in relation to the condition and circumstances of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.
You may also want to watch:
Nazanin remains imprisoned in Evin prison parted from her very young daughter. Today, as I write this letter to you, Nazanin has endured over 700 days in custody.
The reason for writing is to appeal to your great influence in assisting in facilitating the release of Nazanin as a gesture of humanity and empathy.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
Such a supreme and generous gesture would be very much welcome around the time of Nowruz. This would be celebrated by Nazanin and her loved ones on the beginning of a ‘new year.’
Spring time is also a time of rebirth and the returning to full-life and growth within nature. This time would symbolically enable the rebirth of Nazarin back to her family and the consequent blossoming of the love between mother and daughter.
The gift of granting freedom would be a priceless and benevolent gift that Iran, in its position of privilege and power, could graciously bestow upon a mother and child during this time.
In 2010, the UN General Assembly established International Nowruz Day, recognizing that the festival “promotes values of peace and solidarity between generations and within families as well as reconciliation and neighbourliness, thus contributing to cultural diversity and friendship among peoples and different communities.”
I please ask for your consideration in the release of Nazanin before or during the festival of Nowruz so that she can celebrate her freedom and enjoy the comfort and embrace of her family and daughter during this auspicious time.
With my sincerest wishes and many thanks.