Free Nazanin: Jeremy Hunt joins carols for jailed West Hampstead mum Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe
- Credit: Archant
Jeremy Hunt joined Richard Ratcliffe and campaigners outside of 10 Downing Street on Tuesday evening for the third Christmas “Carols for Nazanin” protest.
On Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s 990th day of detention in Iranian prison, Richard led singing accompanied by the family of Jagtar Singh Johal, who has been imprisoned without trial in India for over year.
The foreign secretary paid tribute to families campaigning.
He added: “There’s always more we can do. We are remembering Nazanin who is in prison thousands of miles away. My door is always open to people who want to come and talk about what we can do.”
Richard said: “It’s been really important for me and for Nazanin to know that there all these people at home.
You may also want to watch:
“That the world can be different. That there’s a life outside and it’s full of kindness.”
Richard asked singers to decorate a Christmas tree with messages of support which he then delivered to the foreign office to remind them of Nazanin’s plight.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 8 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs