Mystery Highgate diner picks up bill for pair who watched her bag
Two ladies got an unexpected birthday treat when a fellow diner at a Highgate restaurant paid for their lunches – because they looked after her bag when she visited the bathroom.
Diana Binstead celebrated turning 69 with her friend Shiela Armstrong at the French bistro Cote in Highgate High Street on October 4.
The pair, who always mark their birthdays with a restaurant meal, were enjoying a glass of white wine and plate of risotto when a lady sitting nearby asked them to look after her laptop computer and bag while she visited the bathroom.
Thinking nothing of it, the women agreed and returned to their lunch.
But when they asked for the bill, the women were surprised to hear that their tab has already been picked up.
You may also want to watch:
Astonished Ms Binstead said: “We were really shocked when we heard she had paid.
“It was such a nice, kind thing for her to do. We floated out of that restaurant, it made our day.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
“We wanted to thank her, but we have no idea who she is or how to get in touch.
“We just wanted to get the message out there to thank her.”